Translate

Sunday 23 July 2017

TUSAL and a Synchronised Happy Dance

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL with the current project:


What a great weekend, two happy dances in two days!

The first one is the latest Just Nan ornament, Royal Blossoms, which has taken much longer than any of the previous four.  A total of 35 days altogether doing 30 stitches per day.



stitched on 32 count white evenweave


It's not really very Christmassy so I am going to scrapbook this one rather than make an ornie.  I would have done it this afternoon but I couldn't find my Monet papers I used for the previous designs.

The second Happy Dance is for the July Mermaid from The Year of Magical Stitching by Joan Elliott.  I started her last August for a water themed SAL and finished her for the Just One and Joan Elliott SALs this July.

Stitched on 28 count Jazlyn in Peacock by Crafty Kitten 


I added beads to her necklace

and for the bubbles:


 The plan is to scrapbook her on this paper:


I am slowly working my way through my blogs adding the photos that Photobucket was withholding.  I decided to reorganise my pre-blog finishes and add the year to each one to make it easier to find them in the folder.  I did this as I worked through my Happy Dance blog and found 14 finishes I hadn't added there!!  All pre-2011 so now I have to guesstimate when I stitched them and insert them into the relevant year.

Finally, there will be a Tenuous Shoe-Horn Linky Party on the 8th August again this year.  I am still debating what the theme will be, so save the date and watch this space.  All you'll have to do is link up on the day, no need to send me anything or sign-up beforehand.


23 comments:

gracie said...

So pretty. I love Just Nan designs.

Vickie said...

Royal Blossoms is so pretty Jo. The mermaid looks great!

deb said...

Your mermaid is wonderful - love all the little white beads as bubbles. And the JN is all beaded up too! Seems reasonable that would have taken longer....?

Great idea about adding pre=blog finishes and glad to hear you're still making progress on fixing the Great Photobucket Annoyance!

Kerryp77 said...

Fabulous work, the JN is so pretty and love the beading on mermaid.

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finishes Jo. I so wish my stitchy bug would return. I really am burnt out on Hatter. Its a chore right now to work on him.

Linda

Barb said...

That mermaid is just spectacular, Jo. Beautiful stitching!!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on two finishes over the weekend.
The JN piece looks just gorgeous with all the beads. And what a lovely mermaid you have finished. She will be right at her place with the dolphin paper in your scrapbook.

Justine said...

I'm happy dancing for you! I love the paper you've chosen for the mermaid, perfect to show her off!

Irene said...

ricami bellissimi, Jo!

Christine said...

Great finish on your mermaid and the JN is really pretty too.
Looking forward to the tenuous shoehorn

Julie said...

Gorgeous mermaid, nice choice of paper to go with it.
Love the JN, so different from my version.

Rhona said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Just Nan finish...it's gorgeous! All those beads....wow! And even more beads in the mermaid! Two gorgeous finishes, no wonder you're doing a happy dance :)

D1-D2 said...

Good Job! I really love Royal Blossom. The colors are just so pretty.

Mary said...

I have to get back to viewing your Happy Dance blog, I hadn't worked my way all the way through it but I enjoyed my visit and have to get back to see all your new additions. The mermaid is just stunning, and the Just nan stitch is sweet, I like the idea of seeing the progress on the 30 stitches a day theme...Mary

Lili said...

The Just Nan piece, is gorgeous!
Your mermaid is very pretty!! She have such a sweet necklace! The scrapbook paper is beautiful!

Bethan said...

Great job to both finishes! I love the idea of scrapbooking them x

rosey175 said...

Yay, congrats on your synchronized dance! I am glad the color of Ms. Mermaid fabric is that darker blue, it's really amazing! And so is the scrapbook paper for her. I might by showing dolphin bias.

The JN piece was to be Christmassy? Not Valentiney? Either way, it's lovely, like a delicately iced cookie.

Leonore Winterer said...

Both of your happy dances are lovely. So small but so many details! Well done.
I'm looking forward for that Summer Party. I'm not too bad at shoehorning so I'm confident I can get something to fit, whatever subject you choose!

Mini said...

Congrats on two happy dances. The fabric for the mermaid is perfect which makes me realise that I have never worked with hand dyed fabrics.

Ariadne said...

The mermaid is gorgeous!AriadnefromGreece!

CJ said...

Woohoo on your two finishes. I am not sure I could hold myself to 30 stiches a day on one project.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Yay! Congrats on the two finishes! That's fantastic. Royal Blossoms is absolutely gorgeous! :D

Astrids dragon said...

Your Royal Blossoms looks so pretty and petite.
Oh, the mermaid, she's beautiful! Great job with her, looking forward to seeing her framed.