Translate

Friday 21 July 2017

Theme-tas-Stitch Just One July

Theme-tas-stitch
Theme-tas-stitch is hosted by Kerry

Each month Kerry gives us a theme to stitch to and we show our progress on the 21st of every month.

Just One July - Pick a focus piece for the month and see how much progress you can make - show us before and after pictures if you can.

This was perfect timing to work with the FB Joan Elliott July too as I planned to make her July Mermaid my focus piece for July.

I started the Mermaid on the 8th August last year for the Stitch Maynia Water Olympics and did another 30 minutes of her for the Longest Day SAL this June.  Here is where she was then:

August 2016

June 2017

21st July 2017

These designs are only 66 x 66 stitches but there is a lot of detail and each one takes longer than I think.  Especially with quite a few work days thrown in and very little stitching done on those days.

My other Joan Elliott project is the 12 Days of Christmas which I am stitching a little bit each evening during bathtime.

6th July 2017

21st July 2017

I have still got four days of the Focus Piece section of my rotation left this month so when I finish the Mermaid I might pick up my Joan Elliot Faces SAL which currently looks like this:



Finally, there's a new post up today for the Blogger of the Week.  Pop over and see who is featured this week.  Your clue is "hardanger".








27 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome progress on all of your projects Jo.

Linda

Mary said...

Jo, the mermaid is beautiful, the linen looks quite different in the first two photos. The Angel on 12 days really pops now with the background filled in. Despite working your still getting lot of stitching completed. Mary

jocondine said...

Impressive progress on the mermaid, it looks already great. You might have heard a lot of enchanting voices helping you. xxx

Carol said...

Your mermaid is growing beautifully, Jo! I fully understand about not getting any stitching done on work days :) I look forward to seeing more of your Joan Elliot project, too!

Barb said...

Wow! You are really making progress on the Mermaid! It is looking lovely.

Karyn said...

Your progress is awesome! I adore each update :)
I just love everything about 12 Days, and the angel is gorgeous...the border is gorgeous. Your Mermaid is dreamy...it's just so dreamy and the colors are so tranquil...also gorgeous.
Joan Elliot is beautiful...I can't wait to watch it progress.
You are juggling a lot and getting it all done...great job Jo <3
Have a great weekend, hoping it's filled with stitching and relaxing.
Hugs

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I love Joan Elliot's designs. The mermaid is looking quite stunning. And you even managed to get in some stitches on 12 Days of Christmas. Have a great weekend! --Andrea

Beth in IL said...

Love the mermaid and the Faces piece.Keep up the good work!

RJ said...

You are doing such a great job on your stitches. The mermaid looks fantastic. Wonderful work. RJ

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Jo love the mermaid.

Sheryl said...

Great progress Jo, beautiful bright colours and stitching.

Justine said...

The mermaid is lovely and you stitched loads! I always underestimate how long it takes me to stitch anything.

Sally said...

Wow, Jo, you've made fantastic progress.

Christine said...

That mermaid is gorgeous!

deb said...

The mermaid is lovely! Amazing that there's so much detail in 66 x 66.... Even with some not-very-stitchy days this month, your progress always blows me away.

rosey175 said...

Hah, your mermaid went "little bit, little bit more, almost done". I can never guess how long something is going to take me to stitch either. A safe guess is a nice, vague "long time". Which picture is closer to the color of the fabric on her?

Brigitte said...

Seems to be a Joan Elliott month for you. And your mermaid has got a lot of attention. She is such a beauty. These small designs sometimes are more demanding than we think they are when we start stitching them.

Lili said...

The mermaid is gorgeous! The angel on 12 Days of Christmas is beautiful, all the backstitch add pretty detail to the piece!

Kerryp77 said...

All those lovely JE pieces. The back stitch I the Christmas Angel makes such a difference although I do keep seeing the sleeve as a chunk of watermelon! Lol. Thanks for join in this month.

Julie said...

Your mermaid looks amazing

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely progress on the mermaid, she's so close now! And those 12 Days are coming along nicely as well. I'm starting to suspect you will have the top and borders done long before all the days are finished!

Rita said...

Oh, this mermaid..!

Mary said...

Very beautiful mermaid. Your other pieces are just as lovely.

Bethan said...

Awesome progress - particularly on the mermaid! x

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow and now that's what I call progress. Great work on all your projects. I think you absolutely nailed it this month.
xo Alicia

Mini said...

Great progress on all JE projects.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely progress! (Finally found some quiet time to try to catch up with blog reading - sorry it's taken this long!)