Translate

Tuesday 28 March 2017

March TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL jar with two of my current projects:


That's actually a better colour likeness for the top fabric than previous photos.

I was hoping to have a Happy Dance to share with you but alas, not today.  There is only the beading to do on M is for Mary.  I was sitting down for an afternoon's beading today when the phone went.  You know what it's going to be when they say "Hello, it's Mrs M here, he's OK but...".  Yes, my son had injured himself at school.  But not the Small Boy which you would expect, it was the Large Boy.  His leg got in the way of a stone being chipped up when they were all running around and there was blood and plenty of it.  Luckily hubby was here to go and collect him because it's a three mile limp home if Mum has to go.


I did manage to bead the bottom of the skirt in between washing the trousers and administering to the wounded.  A clean plaster and a chocolate muffin were applied.  One to the leg and the other to the mouth!  Then the Small Boy came home and the beads had to go away.

I also realised that I was working away on the wrong project.  I picked up Happy Hallowe'en instead of the Stitcher's Alphabet which needs to be ready for The Alphabet Club this Saturday.  Ooops.  Never mind, I can start that tomorrow after another attempt at beading M.

Finally, it's a short post today so I will just remind people that I will be hosting an Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop on Good Friday.  If you'd like to be a participant just leave a comment.




18 comments:

Ariadne said...

Hope your boy is well soon!AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

I hope your son is much better now Jo.♥

Kaisievic said...

Oooh, hope that the Large boy is okay now - he has a war wound! But it sounds like lots of tea and sympathy were given. I cannot wait to see M all beaded up!

deb said...

Hope all is well with the Large Boy (though chocolate muffins are likely near the top of the miracle drug list).

Happy Halloween is over one? It just looks so petite next to the M is for Mary letter fairy... They both look great!

Anthea said...

Oh poor lad - glad to see that the chocolate muffin was applied correctly - did you know that choccy has medicinal properties?!

Barb said...

I sure hope that big boy's injuries are very short-lived and he is better soon. the muffin should help a great deal. M should be beautiful when it is all finished.

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he's doing okay. M looks great.

Linda

Rhona said...

Hope your son is on the mend. Chocolate muffins are always the best medicine!

Carol said...

It's always hard to see one of your children injured no matter their age! I'm sure the muffin was a quick fix--hope his injury is healed up in no time :)

Christine said...

Poor boy, I hope he's OK now. The curative properties of chocolate muffins can never be underestimated, I hope you had one as well for the stress

Brigitte said...

I know what this kind of phone call causes, a lot of emotional stress. I'm glad that your son's injury wasn't worse and that he feels a lot better by now.

Leonore Winterer said...

What an awful way to be interrupted in beading! But I take it that after the application of in important plaster and even more important muffin, the large boy is okay at least? In that case I'm sure we'll see some gorgeous beading soon - maybe even today for me if I make it through the remainder of my blog reading backlog?

Katie said...

Yes that's a horrible phone call to get. I'm glad he is going to be okay.

geeky Heather said...

Happy to hear the damage was relatively minor! Love the colours in M.

Vickie said...

Happy to here your big one is ok!! Love your stitching!!!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Awww, poor kid! I hope he's doing okay now. Will he have a heroic scar? Lovely beading so far! :D

Astrids dragon said...

A plaster and a muffin, perfect for healing! I hope he's doing better, did he get a daily dose of muffins?!
Bring on the beads!

Julie said...

Way behind on blog reading ... hope the large boy is healing well.