Translate

Wednesday 29 March 2017

M is for Mary's Merry Merengue

or Happy Dance if you don't want alliteration!

Yes, Mary is finally finished, although not fully finished and framed yet.  I started her on Friday 10th March and completed her on the 29th having stitched on her for 15 days in total.


Close-ups to show the beads and the Kreinik.


I used the recommended Crescent Colours except for:

Lettuce Leaf which is a bright green and was supposed to be the lighter colour in the M.  Instead I blended DMC 927 and 928.  
DMC Blanc for the wings instead of Cloud
DMC 954 for the skin instead of Cobbled Peach
DMC 356 for the backstitch on the skin
Kreinik 014 for the dangling sparklies

stitched on 32 count Muran in Sunlit Heath by Crafty Kitten
which is more green in person

This will be framed and given to my cousin for her baby girl.

Here are the other four letters I have stitched.
Three have gone to my cousins and one is for me.


You can see more photos of each one at the following links:

C

E

J

S


Finally, don't forget to sign up to participate in the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop!  I intend to send out the letters to each person on Sunday 9th April so you have until then to make up your mind if you are wavering!

31 comments:

Vickie said...

Gorgeous! They all are!! I am impressed.

Bekah said...

I love the beads that fall under the letter in 'M'. What a nice design to celebrate a child.

Ariadne said...

Wow!Very quick stitcher!AriadnefromGreece!

D1-D2 said...

Lovely! Congrats on the new finish.

deb said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Barb said...

They are all just beautiful. The beads look great. That is such a special gift! That little girl can keep that forever. I like baby gifts that grow with the child. No teddy bears for me.

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Jo.

Linda

butterfly said...

Beautiful lady , lovely gift .

Mini said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish.You make it sound like its a quick stitch.

Kerryp77 said...

They're all stunning. the bead work is exquisite on M.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's lovely. I think that is my favourite in this series and it's not because 'M' is my initial :)

Mii Stitch said...

Great work! Congrats on your latest finish & Merry Merengue :)

Justine said...

That's a gorgeous finish! I'm sure it will be treasured for many many years.

Brenda said...

Your stitching is soooo beautiful!!! I love those letters!!! What a wonderful gift to get!!!

Beth in IL said...

Fabulous finish using fast fingers!

Christine said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish

Lili said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats!!

The Crafty Princess said...

M is marvellously magnificent. She is a model of majesty of which unquestionably has been manipulated by a masterful hand.
xo Alicia

Preeti said...

Congrats on the lovely finish!! All the letters look great !

Brigitte said...

So gorgeous, this finish. Congratulations!
I always love your alliterations, they are a nice chance for me to learn new words :)

Mary said...

Congrats, she is very beautiful.

Leonore Winterer said...

Aha! I was hoping I'd see that finish today. She's gorgeous, and so where all her sisters!

Katie said...

Wow....beautiful! Congrats on the finish!!

Melinda Forbes said...

I love M. Of course it has to be my favorite

jocondine said...

Too hard to have a favorite one, M is gorgeous, elegant and sophisticated, maybe a too long dress for merengue! Glad to join the congrats and the happy dance (if it's a Madison!). xxx

Vickie said...

Great stitching!!!! Love it!! Congrats on the finish!!!

geeky Heather said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! Wow, only 15 days...we will see how long my "H" takes, but I bet at least 3X that!

♥ Nia said...

beautiful beautiful work!!! congrats on your finish sweetie :D
Looks gorgeous!!! Fabulous!

Astrids dragon said...

She's gorgeous! They are all lovely, I'm glad you have one for yourself.

Julie said...

M does look lovely, a great collection you've stitched.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oooohhhh, she's beautiful! Gorgeous stitching :D