Translate

Saturday 30 April 2016

Spring Has Sprung, The Grass Has Riz

I wonder where the boidie is?

The Boidies is on the sampler!

Little Fat Blue Boid

Hiding Bunny Wappit and another Blue Boid

The whole piece!

Spring Typography by Just Nan is now a finished piece.  I stitched this on 32 count Dark Reed Green linen from Willow Fabrics using the recommended DMC and DMC conversions.  I recharted the animals to be over one as per the previous two Typography samplers.  I am particularly pleased with how the little fat birds came out compared to the over two versions.

I also followed the pattern of the previous two Typographys to change one of the words.  We had Awesome Autumn and Winter Wonder.  Can you spot the Spring change?

I'm currently painting a frame for this so I can get it on display while Spring is still here.

Everyone seemed to like my latest start, another Just Nan design but a spooky one this time.  Scream Girls is now a quick finish!

stitched on 32 count Mid Green linen

I'm going to pop this one in the printer and try scanning it to get a better picture.  The green from the previous photo was much more realistic.

I was smiling when I stitched this one because of the title - Scream Girls.  How do we know the ghosties are girls?  They look just like all of Nan's other ghosties apart from one thing - eyelashes!  Yes, in the world of cartoons, eyelashes signify female.  Male characters do not have eyelashes.  Don't believe me?  Check out the exhaustive investigation done by The Malcontented Mother.

And what do two finishes mean?  Time for another start!!  I did debate over this one, whether to have another start or continue on with Little Snowy Silver/Gray Cottage and then I thought "It's the Fifth Friday in my Four Weekly rotation so it's a bonus week, let's go for the new start."

stitched on 28 count burgundy linen

The photo is rather blurry because that was the only way to get the colour accurate!  Trust me to pick another hard-to-photograph fabric.  This is going to be Ornament Number One from Teresa Wentzler's Byzantine Ornaments Collection.   Heather Silver Lotus is stitching these for her smalls this year which was my inspiration to start them too.  Typical TW, there are two lots of blended colours in here already and a lot of fractionals too.  This is all the cross stitching, the rest will be speciality stitches.  I am also thinking of adding metallic backstitch to bling it up a little.

I did stitch on Little Snowy Gray Cottage earlier this week and here is where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Blue Hydrangea opalescent from Crafty Kitten

Little bit more hedge on the right and the same amount of hedge and wall on the left side.  Some Blue Rays as snowflakes and fallen snow and then the beading!

I have put together my usual Pie Chart for the month's stitching but realised that I hadn't included my Stitching Spend last month.  So here is March and April.

March
Just Cross Stitch subs £ 30.73

April

365 motifs book £   4.50
EBay Fabric £ 13.71
Discworld Map £ 37.00
Hallowe'en Happiness
Dragon Alphabet
£   5.20
£   6.87
Mill Hill beads
32 Belfast Pink Fabric
JN Hallow'en Chart
£   1.35
£ 12.95
£   5.39


Total for April - £ 86.97   Good job I am not doing Stitch from Stash this year!

The 365 motifs book, the eBay fabric and the first two charts were impulse buys because they were bargains!  The Imaginating Hallowe'en chart will do for the Hallowe'en Blog next year and the Dragon Alphabet for the Alphabet Club when I finish the Stitcher's Alphabet.  Nothing like planning ahead!

The Discworld Map was unmissable at 20% off introductory offer and is an investment! 

The beads I need for the Brooke's Book's Stitcher's Alphabet and the pink fabric is for Summer Typography which a little kookaburra tells me is my Birthday present this year.  All I needed from SewandSo was the beads but you can't waste postage on that so I thought I'd spend some of my overtime money on fabric and another JN chart for the collection! 



Finally - Time for Pie.  Fairly predictably Nora Corbett dominates the chart again with Just Nan coming second:




















31 comments:

Carolyn said...

Jo,
You are one busy stitching person. I on the other hand get distracted to much. I love your finish on the Spring Typography and those colors are beautiful. Aren't those girlie ghosts adorable? Little Snowy Cottage is coming along nicely. You have a new start and can't wait to see your progress on this one. You found some great buys and who can't help but enjoy the savings. Enjoy!

Mini said...

Congrats on two finishes. Spring is beautiful ! Looking forward to your progress on TW ornament with all the fractional stitches. Wow that Discworld Map is expensive and nothing is better than planning ahead.
P.S. I just hit the publish button for my post with the Pies :)

Vickie said...

I L♥VE the Spring piece. Is splendid the word? Gotta say I was massively mentally challenged by you at first here. Being these barbituates for pain, does things to the brain. And I was NOT following what you were talking about at first. ;)

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on 2 excellent finishes! Definitely good to have a new start and nice progress on the cottage. I blew through any budget I might have had this month as well.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Congratulations on your finishes,Scream Girls is great fun.My husband and sons' have longer thicker eye lashes than me..typical.
I love Snowy Gray Cottage,it is so pretty.

sunny said...

LOVE that Spring piece!!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Pretty finishes, congratulations :)
And I must say a huge WOW! You are so busy with stitching all sorts of designs... It's great to see all the things you like to stitch.
Happy stitching 😊😊

Heather said...

Great finishes and progress! New starts are fun I haven't had one in a long time and don't plan to :)

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Lovely finishes, and the cottage is beautiful!

CalamityJr said...

Spring is as beautiful as I predicted! And I found the change but won't spoil the surprise for others who may go back and search for it :o)

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finishes Jo and great new start.

Linda

Lili said...

The Spring piece is really cute! Scream girls is a funny design.
Beautiful stitching, Jo.
"Another girls night" chart looks awesome. Nice stash ;)

Christine said...

I love the spring finish. Quick work on the Just Nan too.
I went and read the eyelashes article. A lot of those programmes are new to me, but it seems things haven't improved much since my two were little

Beth in IL said...

Love your pieces. I agree that I am glad about not doing the Stitch from Stash challenge. Maybe I will do that next year....

Susan said...

Beautiful finishes. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the TW. Very nice stash acquisition.

Preeti said...

Your spring finish is colorful and beautiful !! Love the cute scream girls:) I don't understand why eyelashes are always used to differentiate between male and female characters as if men are born without those. My husband's eyelashes are more longer and beautiful than mine :)
Looks like last year's stitch from stash has taken a toll on you. Glad to see that you are recovering from it;)

Justine said...

Lovely stitching Jo. The eyelash article is hilarious!

Brigitte said...

Two gorgeous finishes, Jo. That Splendid Spring is so full of colour that it really evokes spring feelings. So nice to see the little over one animals. And the Scream Girls look so funny, they just make me smile. And you made some nice progress on the cottage as well.

D1-D2 said...

Your spring piece looks lovely.

Amy said...

Spring Typography is so pretty, and Scream Girls is super cute!!

I love the fabric you chose for the snowy cottage.

Barb said...

That spring design is just lovely!

gominam said...

Spring is so adorable, glad you showed more pictures of it, so pretty:)

Bea said...

Two finishes and a new start! Way to go! Found splendid although it took a fair bit of searching.

Mii Stitch said...

Spring is really a cute finish, congrats!

Leonore Winterer said...

So much to see in this post! I love splendid spring and the scream girls, but I do have counterproof on that eyelash theory - Tom from Tom and Jerry had eyelashes, and so does Tweety (who, as far as I know, is suppose to be a boy although he doesn't look like it!).
I've actually already seen (and loved!) your TW ornament start on facebook, but didn't look at the name so I didn't realize it was you!
Hooray for some great spending as well :)

Julie said...

Spring looks delightful with the over 1 little birds and rabbit, great change. Spotted the word splendid!

Cathy said...

Your Spring finish is very pretty. It took me a few minutes, but I found the word and it's very appropriate. I really all your other stitching as well. You did very well with your purchases.

Rachel said...

Such a lot to comment on but I'll just say everything is awesome and leave you with that song in your head for the rest of the day! I especially love the Splendid Spring bluebirds - how cute are they? And of course Scream Girls brought a smile to my face! Love your new stash too. Glad I'm not the only one already planning into 2017 and beyond! :)

Kaisievic said...

"Kookaburra laughs in the old gum tree" - lovely work on Splendid Spring, my dear and I love your little boidies. Scream girls is a very cute stitch, too and I love your spending splash - some great stash enhancement there!

Stitching Noni said...

Love, love, love your Splendid Spring! So cute with the hidden wabbit and boidies! :o)
And you can't go past those pretty little ghosties! So cute :o)
Great update on your stitching and stash spending... that pie chart is a very pretty shade of blue!
Hugs xx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, you've been busy! Congrats on the two finishes, and I'm intrigued by your new start :D I also approve of your spending!