Translate

Wednesday 20 May 2015

May Stitch from Stash

Month: May
Spent: £ 14.67
Earned: £ 0.00

Stitch From Stash 2015
Stitch from Stash is hosted by Mel from Epic Stitching

Essentially the idea behind Stitch from Stash is that we are limited to spending US$25 (or £15) per month. There are various exemptions (Birthday money, existing mag subs, clubs etc) but the idea is not to try and pervert the rules and to stitch some of that stash!  I will be posting on or around the 20th of each month because that is when I get paid!

January Budget
£ 15.00
January Spend
£   0.00
February Budget
£ 15.00
February Spend
£   5.50-
March Budget
£ 15.00
March Spend
£ 32.46-
April Budget
£ 15.00
April Spend
£   4.99-
May Budget
£ 15.00
Just Nan Spring Typography/Scream Girls
£ 13.72-
DMC
£   0.95-
Current Balance
£ 17.38
The Just Nan Spring Typography chart was a reward for finishing Winter Typography and the Scream Girls chart was just because there was a 10% off everything and it was only a couple of quid anyway.  The DMC is because when I added all my DMC to my new X-Stitch Inventory app I discovered there were two new colours added into the middle of the other numbers since I made my original list back in the 1990s.  Anyway the Pretty Little London chart needed 967 which I didn't have.  So in the interests of attempting to have a complete set again, I bought a skein at the huge price of 95p from the department store.

And here is Pretty Little London:

Stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

I haven't stitched much at all this week.  Unfortunaly the first three days of this week have been rather busy with work and school.  So all I managed on this was finishing the pink in the Gherkin and adding some of the little pods on the London Eye.  Never mind, it will give Linda a chance to catch up!

Next week is Half Term here in England so I should be getting some more stitching time with no work scheduled until the second weekend.

Finally, I have been nominated by a few people now for the 


I am very appreciative of all the people who have nominated me for this award and have directed everyone to this post where I answered the 7 Things question:


15 comments:

Vickie said...

I enjoyed rereading your 7 Ages of Me post. :)

Bea said...

You're coming along nicely with London - still love all those colours. Enjoyed the 7 Ages of Me! And well done with your SFS - you're doing well staying within budget.

Linda said...

Nice progress with London Jo. BUT, the only way that I will ever catch you is if you don't work on for the next 2 months.

Linda

Brigitte said...

Good for you staying within this month's budget. I have also been successful this month but only because I have completely lost my stash-buying mojo :( Now I don't know if this is good or bad, lol.

Julie said...

Your London scene is looking super, such vibrant colours in it.

Lili said...

Lovely progress on Little London!
Hugs,
Lili

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh I love the design and colors of Pretty Little London!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great job sticking to your budget! Lovely stitching progress too :D

Elle said...

I think I prefer your London scene to the real thing! Much better colours!!! Hope you have a lovely half term with your boys. x

jocondine said...

Such a pretty London, love it! As colored as a fruit basket so delicious looking. xxx

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Yay for sticking in budget with SFS - doesn't it just kill you to pay 95p (or more in some cases) for DMC in a brick and mortar store! Often though it does work out cheaper than Sew and So as you purchase more things to make it worthwhile........or is that just me lol!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm loving Pretty Little London

Kaisievic said...

Great stitching from Stash as you are still in the Black. Pretty Little London is looking great.

Kate said...

Great SFS report, Jo :-) And wonderful progress on London. That one's on my to-start list next year; I want to finish New York first and put more stitches in Paris and Barcelona.

Leonore Winterer said...

Well done! You got to spend a bit and still have a growing balance, what else could you ask for ^_^