Translate

Saturday 20 September 2014

Stitch from Stash September Update

Stitch From Stash 2014
Stitch from Stash is hosted by Mel from Epic Stitching

Essentially the idea behind Stitch from Stash is that we are limited to spending US$25 (or £15) per month. There are various exemptions (Birthday money, existing mag subs, clubs etc) but the idea is not to try and pervert the rules and to stitch some of that stash!  I will be posting on or around the 20th of each month because that is when I get paid!

Money from Christmas 2013
£ 40.00
January Budget
£ 15.00
January Spend
£ 25.84-
February Budget
£ 15.00
February Spend
£ 18.99-
March Budget
£ 15.00
March Spend
£   8.42-
April Budget
£ 15.00
April Spend
£ 16.19-
May Budget
£ 15.00
May Spend
£   0.00
June Budget
£ 15.00
June Spend
£ 51.00-
June Bonus
£ 30.00
July Budget
£ 15.00
July Spend
£ 17.00-
August Budget
£ 15.00
August Spend
£ 29.72
Balance
£ 22.84

Brooke’s Books Witches
£ 12.80
Satsuma Street 3 city charts
£   7.60
Sparklies Fabric
£   8.68


Balance
£   6.24-
September Budget
£ 15.00
September Birthday Money
£ 80.00
Available to carry forward to October
£ 88.76
Gosh, that list is getting long!

Allowed purchases:
Jodyri Threads of Month Club : £ 5.54
World of Cross Stitching magazine subscription: £10.69

Since this is my Birthday month I have added in all the Birthday money I received from my Mum, my Mother-in-law and both my Sisters-in-law.  I still need to buy some fabric from Crafty Kitten and subscribe to CS&N the American magazine.  I am cancelling my subscription to Cross Stitch Collection because of the dreadful paper they have switched to this month in an effort to save money.  I am also considering cancelling World of Cross Stitching too because of the nearly 20% hike in subscription fees.  I really don't need to keep getting all these magazines!

Brooke's Books - 10 Witch bundle

Satsuma Street - Three Cities


New Starts from Stash: No new starts from stash
WIPs and UFOs worked on: A Mon Ami Pierre Noel Blanc, Primitive Hare Spooky Countdown, The Little Stitcher 12 Days of Christmas, Gathering Honey

 A Mon Ami Pierre - Noel Blanc
Close-up of the very slow over one progress!

Primitive Hare - Spooky Countdown

The Little Stitcher - 12 Days of Christmas

Jannlynn  Gathering Honey
This was my project during my holiday.

Finally, I am going to keep posting this to make sure everyone sees it!  My Followers are increasing in numbers as a result.  A request to all the people who Follow my blog via Feedly or Bloglovin' -

Please could you also click on the Google Join This Site button just above all the smiling faces to the right of my blog?  This button is how I count my Followers and return the following if they have a blog.

Margie brought this to my attention, she follows me via Feedly and said she hoped I had a way of verifying that.  Unfortunately Feedly doesn't have any way of finding out who your lovely followers are.

So please show yourselves by using the button!  It means I can find your blog and also, only 1 more followers will trigger a 500 Followers Giveaway.  Only people listed under my Followers will be eligible for the Giveaway.






15 comments:

Unknown said...

Jo, I subscribe to WOXS and CSCrazy but only through the £5 for 5 mags thing. You can cancel and resubscribe any time you like. Probably the only way I could afford my addiction hehe!

CalamityJr said...

Great progress on your WIPs - before long you can start those great new designs! You're doing great with SFS.

CalamityJr said...

Did I really say "great" three times in two sentences? Sorry, but my brain is over-tired today, and that's obviously not so great, haha!

rosey175 said...

Polly looks like she is going to be so much fun to stitch!!

Is it possible to just subscribe to digital editions of your magazines? I don't get any cross stitch subscriptions so I have no idea if this is even a thing. You'd think they'd want to embrace it though -- it'd save everyone some pennies!

Linda said...

I love your new stash Jo. Of course I really love the Satsuma Street Cities. Maybe we could do a SAL with them sometime. I started New York and it is so much fun to stitch on. Your doing great on your WIP's.

Linda

Annette-California said...

Wonderful progress on your wips! What fun new charts you picked up. Those Brookes Books charts are so cute!
love Annette

Susan said...

Belated Birthday Greetings! Great stash purchases - the Brooks Books witches are too cute. Very nice progress on your WIPs.

Lili said...

Pretty new stash!! :)
Nice stitching progress!!!

Hugs,
Lili

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Congrats on your SFS success! Great new stash enhancement. Happy birthday!

Emma/Itzy said...

You know I have been thinking of cancelling my sub to WOXS too...I just don't think the patterns in there are as good as they used to be. Even to the point where I think "i could do better than that" ! I just think its such a shame when there are so many talented designers out there...

Do you get Cross Stitcher? The recent issue they have changed their paper too...urgh...I do not like at all. Its all rough and doesn't feel nice to touch at all!

I love the Three Cities patterns. xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your wips are great as usual!

EvalinaMaria said...

Wow, you are doing great!

Thoeria said...

Great going Jo :)
I used to subscribe to WOX and Crazy (which cost a bundle to get out here!) and stopped when I realised that I'd never get through all the designs in them, and also that there were some issues that I didn't really find anything that I'd ever want to stitch! I find that the digital mags work as it takes no space and costs less!

Kaisievic said...

Great work on the Stitch from Stash and I have just about given up on mags - just too hard to get them regularly here and when I bought them digitally on my ipad, they seemed to crash after a while so my money was done! Rather disappointing.

Sally said...

You're doing really well on SFS Jo.

You're stitching on some lovely pieces and have made great progress.

I don't buy any UK mags anymore unless I really really love something in one. I do sub to the JCS mag through Country Designs so get the Christmas ornament mag with that.