Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2019

December Pie and Stitch from Stash

It's Old Year's Night and time for a look back at the past 365 days of stitching.

First of all, here is the Pie for December:


Two weeks on the Discworld Mappe which went from here:


to here:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom dyed by Sparklies

Not so much progress this month, I didn't even finish my owl.  But here is where it was last year so you can see just how much 166 days of stitching is:



8 days to complete the 12th Christmas Ornament of the year.  I started all 12 as part of last year's 12 Days of Stitchmas and completed one per month this year.  This is the fourth design from The Sweetheart Tree called Merry Christmas Bellpull.  I will be fully finishing it like the Noel and Joy Bellpulls.

stitched on 32 count linen

For this year's 12 Days of Stitchmas I am stitching the JBW designs.  Here are Days 5 and 6:


stitched on 40 count white linen

In my WIPocalypse post I showed you my 13 finishes from my "19 in '19" list and now here are the rest of my finishes for the year:


Plus this one I forgot to include in the Collage!


Let's have a look at the Annual Pie Chart now:


The top four individual projects were:

The Discworld Mappe - 163 days
Marie Suarez My Lovely Sewing Tools - 31 days
Lavender & Lace Enchanted Alphabet - 23 days
Chatelaine Gardens of London - 21 days

I also stitched on a number of Just Nan projects, totalling 39 days when I only stitched those projects.  More often they were part of a daily stitch project.

I have actually finished the Enchanted Alphabet and I do intend to dedicate a post to my conversion, but here's a picture to be going on with:

stitched on 32 count Tiger Lily Murano from Sparklies

I came into the year with 20 WIPs and started 31 projects over the course of the year of which all except three have been finished.  I also completed 2 projects started prior to 2017 and 6 started in 2017/18.  My current WIPs are:

Prior 2017 9
2017 3
2018 0
2019 3
Total 15

Yes, just 15 WIPs.  I plan to complete another 2 of those older ones this year and gradually whittle the total down.  Leaving me space to make more starts!



How did the spending go last month?  My magazine subscription came out and that was it.

December
CS sub£8.72
Total£8.72

I also tallied up the spend for the whole year:

Magazines£76.49
Charts£145.22
Fabric£35.95
Threads£0.95
Other£39.12
Total£297.73

That figure is about the same as last year.  Once again, I spent more on charts and less on fabric and threads.  Literally 95p on one skein of DMC the entire year!  The money spent on charts was nearly all Christmas and Birthday money so that's OK.

As well as getting the JBW 12 Days of Christmas charts, I also got these charts from my family:


Yes, another BAP!  The plan is to start that one when I complete the Discworld Mappe.

This is a series I have had my eye on for a while.  I am considering stitching them as sets of six cubes.



Finally,

Have a very Happy Old Year's Night

and a very Peaceful New Year's Day






14 comments:

Carol said...

A very successful year, Jo, both in your stitching and keeping the spending down! Love seeing the progress on your many projects. Happy New Year to you :)

Tiffstitch said...

So many beautiful pieces! I love seeing how you've progressed on Discworld, it looks like a finish might be relatively soon, that's excellent. Congrats on all the amazing work!

Shelly said...

Happy New Year! I'm pretty impressed with your numbers on spending, good job. You had a great year of stitching!

Christine said...

Happy New year to you too.
Looks like you should be able to complete the Mappe this year

Rachel said...

What a successful year! The difference in the Discworld Mappe is amazing, as are the number of finishes you have completed overall. But only 15 WIPs remaining... shame on you!! But that doesn't include your Just Nan Stitchmaynia pieces does it?
Your new stash is interesting. I recognise the seasons! Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for your 20 in 20 and for starting and finishing in general. :)

Kaisievic said...

Great post, Jo - I am blown away by how much you have done on the Discworld Mappe and only 15 WIPs? Amazing! It just goes to prove that WIPocalypse does work! But I have to say how much I love, love, love your Enchanted Alphabet - it is gorgeous! Lots of other lovely stitching, too. One last question, what do you use to make your collages on your blog? They always looks so effective. hugs, Kaye xxxx

Julie said...

WOW what a feast for the eyes in this post.
Question - why are the Cricket Collection seasons going to be six blocks? or have I missed something.
Fab that you only carried over 3 from 2019,well done.
Happy 2020 to you!

Katie said...

Wow! So much accomplished this year. It's been so fun cheering you along. The progress on the mappe is just amazing indeed. Love all your finishes. I love the Halloween Hawk Run piece. I picture them as individual blocks or pillows on a shelf. I look forward to watching it grow. I loved doing the seasonal set. I think it would look great as cubes. Another I can't wait to watch grow. Have a fantastic 2020!!

Bethan said...

Such a great year of stitching Jo. I hope you had a great new year x

Susan said...

I look forward to your recap posts - they make me feel inadequate but love to see all your finishes. The Enchanted Alphabet looks amazing. I was telling the ladies at my "LNS" - it's in Michigan so not so much local except when I'm visiting my sister - about it and they were very intrigued. Discworld is looking great. I have several Hawk Run pieces but not Halloween - I'm sure watching you stitch it will remedy that. I have recently fallen in love with all things Cricket Collection and the seasons are high on my wish list.

Hazel said...

Wow you are one organised stitching dude! That pie looks fab! I only calculate hours that I do for commissions but not for my own stuff. Well done! x

OhSewCrafty said...

Wow, 163 days on Discworld.. that is some serious dedication. Congrats on a wonderful stitchy year. The Merry Christmas bellpull is lovely, might need to add that one to my "list". That Cricket collection series is also on my radar. Have you seen the Cookies one? It's super cute, good for Christmas.

Leonore Winterer said...

You really had a great stitching year! Just 15 WIPs left, I am impressed. I really admire your stamina when it comes to sticking to plans :) Happy New Year!

Astrids dragon said...

Such dedication on the Discworld Mappe, so close.
Surprise... I love your dragon finishes and your enchanted alphabet looks amazing!
I want to start Halloween at Hawk Run Hallow, but I'm not sure when yet. I like the Cricket seasons, another temptation.