Translate

Sunday 10 November 2019

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for November

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I did some spooky scrapbooking in October.  First a couple of little Trick or Treaters:


Fang by Dragon Dreams


My conversion of a Lucie Heaton Fairy


Then some ghostly goings-on:


Scream Girls by Just Nan


Little Hallowe'en House by Knotted Tree NeedleArt


The scrapbook page had the black silhouette along the bottom and I wanted it to overlap the stitching.  Rather than cut out the shapes on the actual page, I drew them onto a piece of black paper and stuck that on top, you can see where the two versions are not identical and it adds depth to the finish.

The next piece to get the Fully Finished treatment was my October Christmas Ornament.  I chose the Victorian Christmas Tree by Sue Hillis Designs and showed the pre- and after- bling photos in my last post.  Here's the finished piece:


I used the same beads to make a hanger and to add swags along the bottom of the design to match those on the tree.



In my last post I also promised to show you the finishing technique I intend to use for my Jessica Savage Words.  I was in The Works looking at their crafting supplies when I saw this box frame:


It's some kind of thick card like they make their decoupage base items from.  There's a series of little hooks on the internal sides and you attach the string provided from hook to hook, making a zigzag line to which you pin photos.  Or small cross stitched pieces attached to stiff paper!

This is the illustration they give you for inspiration, they even include the little pegs:


What I like about this is that it doesn't matter how many Words there are in the series, I can simply adjust the placement.  This was a great find and only £8 too.  It will need painting but it's the perfect size for a 12 x 12 scrapbook page for the background.



๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„


Finally, it's time to sign up for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop!  For this hop, each participant is allocated a day in December to make their post on.  They will show something they have stitched on a Christmas theme and answer the topic question I set.   I then copy their photo onto my blog post in the style of an Advent Calendar.


So if you'd like to join in, please leave a comment or send me an email.   Let me know if there is a date you would particularly like or one you'd like to avoid. I will be in touch towards the end of the month!

Here is a link to last year's so you can see how it works:




16 comments:

Linda said...

I love all of your little finishes Jo. My very favorite is the Halloween House. That is so cute. Where did you get the chart?

Linda

PS I just did a blog post.

Cathy said...

Lovely finished finishes! I really like the idea of making a scrapbook.

Christine said...

Great finishes. I love the tree.
I've seen those washing line picture frames, never thought of using them for stitching.
Please sign me up for the Advent hop. Any day is fine, I can always schedule the post

Mary said...

You have been busy!! I love how you find paper to coordinate so well with your stitches. They are all adorable but just love the Fairy!! The tree is so pretty with the swags of beading. The memory box is a neat idea and a plus that its the perfect size for your scrap paper!

Susan said...

Beautiful finishing on your tree. I love the idea of using the line and mini clothes pegs for your words. I am seeing more and more unique finishing ideas and really need to start fully-finishing more of my things.

Katie said...

Wow lots of beautiful finishing going on! Great work. Love how they all turned out. Love your idea for finishing the words off. Perfect. Please sign me up for the advent hop. I always love that one!!!

Barb said...

Absolutely lovely finishing. I love the way your things look on the scrapbook paper!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great spooky scrapbooking. I love the little vampire dragon!
Your tree turned out lovely as well, and that shadow memory box is an awesome idea, I can't wait to see it done.
Please do sign my up for the advent calendar, I'm sure I can whip up something Christmas-y!

diamondc said...

Jo: What a fun post, I am totally loving the tree ornament with the beads added.
I love memory box's, we have a few with Mikes Navy items inside.
Have a great week.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part! Your tree looks amazing with all its beads attached, and the scrapbooked pieces are so cute! It must have been satisfying to FFO them at at the right time of the year.
The shadow box is a great idea for your little Words and, like you said, you can keep moving them around as more are added. Looking forward to seeing the first few in place... perhaps next month? :)

Rhona said...

Lovely finishes. Your scrapbooking is amazing....what a great idea!

Julie said...

Ghostie page is really cool.
I too have seen the washing line frames, never thought of your idea though for them.

Carol said...

Always love seeing your fun, creative scrapbooked finishes, Jo. And that memory box frame was a great find!

Pamela said...

Nice inishes! Good for you!

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely finishes! Especially the little Halloween House!
Like the box, should look great!
Wow, your tree looks fabulous!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

Eeek! All those Halloween finishes, I LOVE them!!! Fang is adorable!
Your Christmas tree turned out beautifully, the added swag on the bottom is perfect.
That's a great shadow box, I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when you're done with it.
Please count me in for the Advent calendar, it's just around the corner!