Translate

Tuesday 30 April 2019

April Stitch from Stash and Pie

Another very good stitchy month for me.  A large percentage of the month was taken up with the Easter Holidays so between holiday and lieu time I only worked two full days and one 5 hour day.  Add in two train journeys for uninterrupted stitching time and it was a good month.

Here's the pie for the month:


As you can see I got my full fortnight on the Discworld Mappe and saw a lot of progress particularly in the backstitch.  Here's where it was at the start of the month:


And here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

First of all I worked on the Widdershins hand and banner as well as the red/white border.  Then I placed the leaping fish:


After that I moved inland and filled in the Agatean Empire followed by a whole lot of backstitched coastline

Next month I am going to start with the turtle flipper on the left hand side and work my way across the landmass to the right of the page.

I managed to get my full fortnight in with two days to spare so I decided to stitch some more on Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett.  I got a LOT of turquoise skirt stitched:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha linen

So that's the stitching.  What about the spending?  Well, most of my money went on train tickets so it was a low-spend month.  The only thing I spent money on was my Just Cross Stitch subscription which was US$ 22 plus US$ 10 postage which converts to £ 24.39

JCS sub 24.39
Total £24.39


Finally, I did find something I was tempted by, this is a design by Stone Street Stitch based on a Neil Gaiman quote and featuring open books makes the leaves of the tree.  Maybe next month

12 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful stitching, Jo--I especially love seeing the sweet girl take shape... The piece is so much prettier as you stitch it than it is on the chart itself. She has a very lovely face! Happy May to you!

Barb said...

Discworld is looking very good! I love the design of the trees in Bookhouse! Sort of Quaker or quilting designs or both!

Kay said...

Thank you for the link to the book tree, I have just found a new designer now!

gracie said...

Wonderful progress and stitching.

Rachel said...

A good month on Discworld Mappe, and other projects, indeed. I know you enjoy your job but it must have been nice to not work so much and have more stitching time, if only for the month. :)

Julie said...

You've had a very productive month stitchywise.

Leonore Winterer said...

You did make a lot of progress on the Mappe, well done! The back stitching makes such a difference.
I do love the Bookhouse chart as well, it's awesome.

Christine said...

They're all growing well

diamondc said...

Jo: You have beautiful progress going on here.
I have never seen the I have Lived In books before, I love it, we are avid readers, I love to bury myself in a book for hours.

Catherine

Linda said...

Fantastic progress for the month Jo.

Linda

Bethan said...

I find it interesting that you are backstitching as you go - I normally leave it until the end. Although I can see the downside of doing that with this pattern! Great progress x

Katie said...

Wohoo Gorgeous progress for the month. I'm glad someone is stitching haha. Mappe is just simply amazing. The new piece is perfect for you.