Translate

Friday 7 December 2018

December TUSAL of Finishes

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL jar with two projects:


The project on the left was my Focus for a Finish in November which I completed on the 2nd December.  Joan Elliott's September Reading Fairy:

stitched on 28 count Jazlyn in Aurora by Crafty Kitten

I added beads to her hair


Metallics to her dress and the backstitch for the wings and the moon


A little subtle bling for her.

This Fairy was part of the 2013 Diary which was a cover gift from World of Cross Stitching magazine.  It is now available from Joan and her usual stockists under the title "Year of Magical Stitching"

Here are all the designs I have completed so far:


JANUARY



FEBRUARY

APRIL

JUNE

JULY.

The project on the right hand side of the TUSAL is my latest Just Nan Small - Jump for Joy.  At the beginning of the year I started stitched 30-a-Day on these smalls and completed quite a few.  This idea ground to a halt at the end of September and it took me ages to finish the current one.  There will be a little charm in the centre.

stitched on 32 count Antique White linen


Finally, the Advent Calendar Blog Hop is now up and running.  We've seen some beautiful stitching and heard some lovely songs too.  I'm off to find out what today's choice is and update the post.  Don't forget to leave a comment on the post of the day.





14 comments:

Vickie said...

The reading fairy is just wonderful!

Ariadne said...

I especially love that mermaid!AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

So many lovely designs, the reading fairy is beautiful.

Barb said...


The monthly designs are beautiful. I love the September Reading Fairy!

Pamela said...

Very pretty! I like the mermaid too.

Rachel said...

Is it any coincidence that your two finishes have similar colour palettes? They're both lovely.
Thanks for showing all the Joan Elliott pieces to date. I think you can probably guess which is my favourite!! :)

butterfly said...

I love the reading fairy , what great colours .

Love all her works.

Katie said...

Beautiful finishes. Love them all. The adorable dragon is my favorite of course but the mermaid is a close 2nd.

Sheryl said...

Pretty designs here Jo. I especially like the Reading Fairy and the unusual, perfect fabric you have chosen. and also the added subtle bling.

DJ said...

What lovely pieces you have been stitching! I love them all, and the little reading fairy looks wonderful with all the little personal "bling" you added!

OhSewCrafty said...

Wow, your JE finishes are awesome and did you finish them as scrapbook pages? My favorite is probably the mommy & baby dragon, just adorable.

Christine said...

The fairy is lovely, she seems to have stitched up really quickly

Leonore Winterer said...

These small patterns by JE are adorable, I think I'll need to get them some day. I love your little fairy on this pretty fabric!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are all pretty patterns.