Translate

Friday 28 December 2018

December Smalls SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus

My main Small project has been my 12 Days of Christmas by Just Nan which I completed earlier this month.  I started it for 12 Days of Stitchmas last December and then completed one block per month throughout the year.  Here it is all finished:


When I completed the final block I had a new start, a gifted piece from Heather of Stitching Lotus, a Lizzie*Kate design called Life is Better:

stitched over 1 on 32 count Lambswool linen

The adorable buttons were a gift from Ariadne, I just laid them on the fabric for the photo but will sew them on when I fully finish the piece.

When that one was finished I had four days free to stitch anything I wanted, unfortunately the frog came to visit!

Then it was 12 Days of Stitchmas again!  This year I decided to make a start on the 12 Ornaments I will be stitching for the Christmas Ornament Blog run by Kaye.  There are three themes in 2019 and I have decided to go for the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Special 2001 - 2010.  I have chosen my 12 designs from the magazines and started four so far.  Today is the Fourth Day of Christmas.

On Day One I stitched Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree from 2009:


On Day Two I stitched Ink Circle's Poinsettia from 2008 and Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree:


On Day Three I stitched The Sweetheart Tree's Noel Christmas Bellpull from 2007 and Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree:


I debated whether to stitch design 2 as well but thought that as the Quaker Tree is quite large, I'd rather focus on that each day.  I will thank myself once we get further on and I'm not trying to fit 10 designs into one day!

On Day Four I stitched Dragon Dreams' Peace on Earth from 2002 and Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree from 2009:



I am choosing my own colours on the Festive Quaker Tree and didn't get much done today as the paler colours blend into the fabric too much.  I frogged and will restitch with a medium blue and B5200.

Throughout the year I was stitching 30-a-Day on my Just Nan Smalls.  That ground to a halt in September when I switched to Leonore's Wedding present.

I did manage to complete 10 Just Nan Smalls and here they all are:


And here are Leonore and Felix's wedding presents:



Finally, there is housekeeping to be done on the blog, the "19 in '19" list to be finalised, the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL to set up for next year and the Happy Dance list and blog to be updated.  Plus rather a lot of emails to answer.  Good thing I have some time off work!








19 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the great finishes this year Jo. Love all of your new starts.

Happy New Year,
Linda

Pamela said...

Nice finishes! Very well done.

Sandy In Montana said...

Such beautiful stitching Jo. I'm going to take pictures and post my Smalls update in a few minutes. Hugs, Sandy

Katie said...

Great stitching!! I really hope we hear from Heather soon. I love the Smalls SAL.

Mary said...

Your finishes are all so beautiful. I haven't even had a chance to look through my magazine, so that is wonderful you have a head start for next month. Have a great New Years.

diamondc said...

Jo Congratulations on your finish's, you are one amazingly hard working Lady.

Catherine

Cathy said...

I love the Just Nan ones--it looks like your 30 a day really led to some nice progress. I'm planning to take part in the Christmas Ornie SAL again next year, but haven't decided which theme yet.

Rachel said...

You had another great year of smalls finishes; those Just-Nan pieces look awesome when shown together. Here's to another great year of smalls in 2019! :)

Kay said...

You have been busy. Good luck with all your goals for 2019. x

butterfly said...

Love your 12 days of Christmas ,and the Just Nan designs all look wonderful .
Happy New year Jo to you and your family .

Claudette497 said...

Lovely finishes - you had a great year!

Julie said...

The JN's looks fabulous in the collage.
I only have 1 stitching WIP to take into the new year, its the JN High Hopes so i'll get it completed during January and the chart off to you....there I have said it, so have to do it now! LOL

Barb said...

It will be fun watching all the designs grow!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Wonderful stitching Jo! The Just Nan pieces are beautiful and I really love the buttons on your Stitching Friends piece :) Your stitching is always gorgeous. Hope you have a Very Happy (and Stitchy) New Year!

Astrids dragon said...

Lovely stitching as always and I'm sure you're ready to start 2019... but without that darn frog!

rosey175 said...

Ooo I spy some very beautiful blue sparkly fabric!

You had a successful Smalls year for sure. All those Just Nans! And all the little Bride Tree ornaments too.

I feel like I'm in housekeeping mode on blogger too. G'luck playing catch-up, here let me add another comment for you to add to the email pile mwahaha. :D/

Gwen said...

Love your finishes. Great job as always.

Bethan said...

Very nice finishes - the 12 days of Christmas are of course my favourite. I am beginning to think I need to check out some Just Nan designs x

Leonore Winterer said...

I love all your smalls and, of course, especially the ones you made for us! We purchased a small Christmas tree just so we could properly display them. (Which reminds me...I think there was something about a picture you requested, and that I totally forgot about? Eek.)

Love your new starts as well. So, does that mean there won't be a 'real' 12 Days design on the go this year?