Translate

Sunday 25 November 2018

November WIPocalypse New Techniques

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  For me, this will be my "18 in '18".  Many of them are part of SALs so I will be working on them each month.

This month I worked on 4 of my 18 projects:

1. Joan Elliott - Reading Fairy

stitched on 28 count Jazlyn in Aurora by Crafty Kitten


2. Just Nan - Haunted Autumn Mouse in a House




3. Mrs Peggotty - Alice & The Flamingo

stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

4. Just Nan - Summer Typography

stitched on 32 count Pink Linen

This will make you smile.  Each day I take a quick photo with my iPad and upload it to Facebook.  I don't worry about lighting at all, just as it comes.  So this is the first 20 days photos.  You wouldn't believe it's the same fabric, would you?  The first day is the most colour-accurate.


Each month Measi gives us a discussion topic:

November – What new stitches or techniques did you learn this year? 

I made my first mouse!



I have done 3D designs before but this was my first Just Nan mouse.

There may be some new speciality stitches in my Chatelaine but I'm not sure.



I can't wait to do more on this next year!  I plan to spend at least one week each month stitching on Gardens of London.  It would be nice to get all four corner gardens done.  I accept that this will be a VERY long term project.

Of course, rock painting is new too but you saw my latest batch in my previous post!  I might start a blog just for my rocks...


๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„


Finally, I have all the names for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop entered into my spreadsheet so now all I have to do is email everyone with their dates and draft the post ready for the 1st.

I hope that you are all looking forward to it as much as I am!






11 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress Jo. Alice looks good.

Linda

Katie said...

Lots of beautiful stitching going on. Fun to see the daily progress on your Summer Typography piece. I can't wait for the advent hop. I always enjoy that one!

Julie said...

Reading fairy is pretty, lovely fabric.
Such difference in the fabric colour. I have trouble photographing isabelles red cardigans?

Keebles said...

So much work! I feel like I've been missing so much!

Rhona said...

So much stitching and so many pretty designs.
It's amazing how different the fabric looks, just shows you how much variation in the light there is each day.
And as for that little mouse.....too cute!

Mary's Thread said...

Oh my, you are busy! Your Alice piece is coming along great! It is so fun to see it grow! I love the daily snaps of the Just Nan Summer. It IS remarkable the difference light makes! Well done on your mouse house! I must make mine next year! So many great projects!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the Reading Fairy, and everything else as well! Funny how the fabric changes colour depending on the light...purples are a little camera shy, it seems!

RJ said...

So many pretty stitches and wonderful fabrics. Love seeing your progress. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

diamondc said...

Jo: Wonderful progress, I love the mouse so sweet.
Lots of beautiful designs you are working on.

Catherine

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Your Hallowe'en mousie is adorable! I've always admired those Just Nan designs, along with the little birds, and his house is so cute too ๐Ÿ˜Š Your Reading Fairy is gorgeous, such a lovely design (I love Joan Elliott too)! So glad you're doing the Advent Calendar again this year, sorry I'm not blogging regularly right now to join in, but I'll look forward to hopping along!

rosey175 said...

Oooh You are going to wind up with a lot of brown border at this rate! Or are you planning to do a bit betwixt other colors? Bizarre color changing fabric you've got there. Sunlight really makes a huge difference sometimes!