Translate

Monday 24 September 2018

September IHSW


I don't know where this last week has gone but I meant to blog mid-week with a post-Birthday update and then suddenly it's IHSW and it's over and time to blog about what I did then!

Came down with a stinking cold mostly.

But there was some FFO'ing and some stitching too so it wasn't a totally lost weekend.

I have spent a lot of time stitching the Donna Kooler Tinies for a project a friend is organising.  Here's what one of the finished ones looks like:


Once she has decided what she is doing with them and reveals her plan, I will be able to show the fronts to you!

Once they were all completed I was able to return to my 12 Days of Christmas by Just Nan.  I'm hoping to complete Blocks 9 and 10 this month so I don't have to do one in October and can focus fully on Dark October stitching!

stitched on 32 count Vintage Grain linen

I've also been pottering along on Alice & the Flamingo by Mrs Peggotty, a little bit each evening.  Here's where she was last IHSW:


And here's where she is now:

stitched on over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave


A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is!  Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.

*

*


Finally, the next IHSW will be 19th - 22nd October so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here.







15 comments:

RJ said...

Wonderful progress Jo. YOur stitching looks fantastic. I love your 12 days...it is a big project but will be beautiful when done. I'm anxious to see what you made for your friend so we can see the front. The back is very cute however. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Sasha said...

Great progress!

Tamra said...

Great progress and lovely projects. Very curious about the mystery stitching .... And I can finally comment again. Yesterday I could make comments and this morning nothing. Had to change browser to Firefox to make it work. I have a few strands of hair left lol.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything. I was only able to join in on Friday. But I will make up for it this weekend because I'm attending a stitching retreat.

Kaisievic said...

Happy belated birthday, Jo. Alice and the flamingo is coming along really beautifully!

Christine said...

You did better than me, I didn't get any stitching done over the weekend in the end! Alice is progressing very nicely

Julie said...

Hope you are recovering from the cold now.
Looking forward to seeing what your friend does with the minis.

Preeti said...

Happy belated birthday to you. Lovely stitching, Alice is looking great! For me, most weekends are busy with the new house.

Carol said...

Hope you had a nice birthday, Jo, and that the nasty cold is long gone!! Beautiful stitching--especially love the Just Nan progress :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on Alice! And everything else too. Still curious about the tinies!

FlashinScissors said...

Hope you are recovering from the cold now!
Great progress on Alice and the Just Nan piece.
Looking forward to seeing what your friend is doing with the minis!
I hope this comment works, and thanks for your help trying to solve my problem commenting.
Have a great weekend,
Barbara xx

jocondine said...

Love how Alice is becoming so great (have you eat a lot of special biscuits to make her growing so fast!). Can't wait to see what is on the other side of the secret small stitching. xxx

Brigitte said...

It's always great to see your progress pictures, Jo. And I'm really happy that I can comment on your blog again.
Now I'm curious to see all your finished tinies.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you weren't sick for your birthday, Happy Belated! I hope you got to do something fun.
Such a tease not showing us the front of your tinies, I guess we'll just have to wait.
Finally, the flamingo, looks great!

Bethan said...

Great progress - Alice looks amazing! I can't wait to see what the Tinies look like; I must admit I did click on the image and stare hard to try and pick out a pattern for a bit! x