Translate

Saturday 11 August 2018

August TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL jar with two projects:


The project on the left is Jardin Prive's Happy Hallowe'en Night which I am stitching for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog.  August's theme is Haunted Houses and I have stitched most of the ground floor of the house.  Got to add the first floor next and the roof.

How do you stitch houses?  Ground upwards as you would build a bricks and mortar house?  Or make a framework and fill it in as you might with a wood or steel framed house?

The small project on the right is Just Nan's Butterfly Bouquet which is all finished except for the beads.  A project for Sunday.  So  I'll show a close-up when they have been added.




Finally, the Summer Postcard Blog Hop has started!  Two cards have gone out, been received and shown on the recipient's blogs:


Another one is being sent this weekend to Katie AKA Jeremiah's Mom, so visit her blog to see the card on view.

If you want to take part, just email me a photo of something you have stitched which is suitable as a postcard to a fellow stitcher along with a short message of the kind you write on a postcard.  I will forward the photo to another participant who shows it on their blog.  The photo can be anything Summer themed, beach themed, holiday themed, you get the idea!   It can be a new piece or something from your archives.








8 comments:

Mary said...

Love the Just Nan color combo. Whenever I can stitch an outline and fill in without having to count would be the way I would do it. I save those mindless fill ins for when I'm too tired to concentrate!

rosey175 said...

I think it depends on the rest of the pattern. I would guess from the top down for me as I usually start in the centers of projects! Mindless stitching (filling in) is very relaxing though.

Katie said...

Great WIPs. Just love the Halloween one. I don't have a way I guess just depends on the piece. My post has been posted for the post card blog hop. Thanks for hosting.

Bethan said...

The Just Nan piece is very pretty. I tend to sew a house in whatever order suits how I am sewing at the time - I usually do it colour by colour x

butterfly said...

Lovely Stitching Jo ,love the bright colour of the Halloween one , and I always love Just Nan . enjoy your week hugs .

Barb said...

Both your projects are lovely. I love the orange linen you are using for the Halloween piece.

Brigitte said...

Two great WIPs, Jo. Such a lovely JN piece again.
Hmmm, when I think about it I come to the conclusion that I stitch the houses differently. Sometimes from the top, sometimes from the bottom and sometimes the frame is the first thing I stitch. I think it just depends on the pattern and on my mood.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress - I can't wait to see the Butterfly Bouquet finished!
I don't think I've stitched too many houses yet...I guess it depends on how it fits in with the project? For Whacky Witches, the Haunted Manor was the first thing I stitched, so I worked from the middle, but I think I did the framework then and filled it in later.