Translate

Monday 18 June 2018

June IHSW



That was a good Hermit Weekend, lots of progress on my beautiful Chatelaine design.

Here is where I picked it up on Friday:


And here is what it looks like now:


I'm hoping to complete this small garden by next Monday which is the end of my rotation.

The other project I've been working on is Alice and the Flamingo by Mrs Peggotty.  Here's where I was last IHSW:


And here is where I am now

stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

Here's a close-up of the part I've been focusing on, love that bow in her hair.



A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is!  Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.

*
*


Finally, the next IHSW will be 20th - 22nd July so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here or on Joysze's Blog - Random Ramblings.





21 comments:

Barb said...

Chatelaine is really coming along. It is a beautiful design!

butterfly said...

Great stitching Jo on both your WIPs .
Enjoy your week.

Kay said...

The colours in the Chatelaine are so pretty, you have made great progress. x

Pamela said...

Great progress! I like the hair bow too.

Mini said...

You had a very productive IHSW, mine wasn't so much except one small finish.

gracie said...

Love those projects and you did well with the stitching.

Linda said...

Fantastic progress Jo. I will have to do 400 stitches a day on Alice if I ever hope to catch up. It looks like you will done with her in 3 or 4 months.

Linda

Julie said...

Alice can 'see' how much progress you have made ... so can I?

rosey175 said...

You had a successful hermitting~ Nice progress on both but I find Alice's eyes unattached to anything a bit unnerving! I would feel like she is judging me while I stitch haha

Brigitte said...

Oh great, Alice is getting a face. And that little garden will soon be finished. Love it.

Sarah the Hermit Crafter said...

Wow! Alice is looking amazing now!

Justine said...

Alice looks fabulous! Hope the comments thing is really fixed.

Ariadne said...

Hope it works.Just today I found about 20 comments I should have moderated but never received a notification on my mail. AriadnefromGreece!

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow look at your speed needles! Great progress on both your projects. Loving Alice, whilst ogling your wip Billy Idols song came into my head. "Eyes without a face" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OFpfTd0EIs. And it's stuck in my head now LOL! I'm going to drive my workmates crazy today. Woo Hoo!! Great success on your IHSW I wasn't quite so successful. Great job stunner and thank you and Joysze for hosting it.
xo Alicia

Katie said...

Wow beautiful work! You got a ton done. I was kind of waiting to catch up till they fixed the email issue. I'm so happy they finally fixed it. Thanks for posting about it on Facebook.

Sheryl said...

Good progress on the Chatelaine piece and love how Alice is coming along. Good news about the mail issue.

Carol said...

Alice is really coming together, Jo! Such a cute WIP. Thanks for posting the fix for email comments--I hope it works :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, great progress! Alice has grown a lot since the last time we saw her, too. I combines GG and IHSW into one post this month, so I don't have anything new to link up.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for the comment solution and for the Mr Linky, Jo. As I always say, you are a star! Wow! Alice is coming along nicely and good work on Gardens of London.

Bethan said...

Great stitching on both; Alice has come along really nicely!x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love your stitching on both these designs.