Translate

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Swamp Troll TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL with a recent finish:


The lovely lady sitting next to the TUSAL jar is Heather the Swamp Troll.   Remember I mentioned that I'd bought myself an early Birthday present a couple of months back?  Swamp Trolls are made by a local crafter, each one has their own name on a label and each is unique.  I assumed she bought the faces, hands and feet and just made the soft bodies, but no, they are all made using some kind of modelling resin.  Doesn't she have a lovely face?  She has green finger and toe nails and a little spider tattoo on her foot as well as a tiny broomstick.  I don't think she's going to fly far on that! 


Here is Hallowe'en Happiness all framed and ready for Hallowe'en:


 I decided to continue to work on Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams, I really want to finish this one.  I have stitched lots of backstitch and Kreinik this week, as well as finishing those gorgeous wings:

stitched on 32 count Moondust Murano by Crafty Kitten


Close-up of the Kreinik ice the dragon is lying on:

There's more backstitch, more Kreinik, a crescent moon and a small castle to stitch, plus some beads so it might not be finished this month either.

Finally, thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday last weekend, it was a lot quieter than last year's celebrations!  No Big Blog Hop this year.  But there was cake, cards and presents.  I have another present coming in the mail from Just Nan and a Birthday Discount from Crafty Kitten once I decide which fabric I need.






19 comments:

Laura said...

Love the projects and your troll is great!

RJ said...

Your projects are always so interesting and well done. Love your stitches. Happy belated birthday. I have been missing because of Hurricane Irma and no electricity and even when that came back the internet was still down. I am finally back and happy to visit my blogging friends. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Julie said...

Oh Jo, i'm so sorry I missed your birthday.
What a talented crafter Heathers creator is... she's fabulous.
Dragon has grown lots.

AnaCristina said...

Jo!! I am sorry! Happy Birthday!! I didn't see that was your birthday last weekend!! Happy Birthday!!!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh no.... how did I miss your birthday! I am so sorry - Happy Belated Birthday! :o)
I love your troll! She is gorgeous and very cleverly made :o)
Your dragon is looking amazing! She will be a stunning finish!
Hugs xx

FlashinScissors said...

Aren't peeps clever! I saw your troll and imagined it would have been mass produced. I remember Kim of Wisdom With Needle and Thread showing us how she made a doll using modelling resin of some sort.
Oooh, sorry, Happy Belated Birthday.
Your picture looks fabulous in its lovely new frame!
Well done with the Kreinik stitching, it's so effective, and really suits your gorgeous dragon.
Barbara x

Christine said...

I think I missed your birthday too, hope it was a good one.
That is one adorable troll

Mii Stitch said...

Ooops, seems I've missed your birthday!
Belated birthday wishes Jo, I'm sure you had a great day.
Love the Halloween finish.

Kate said...

I love your troll! Your projects are beautiful. I wish you a belated Happy Birthday. For some unknown reason I am able to comment on your blog once again. :)

Carol said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday even if it was a bit quieter, Jo--sometimes that kind is even nicer!

Your Halloween framed finish is such fun--I still need to get my Halloween decorations out! Won't be long now :)

Happy First Day of Fall!

Barb said...

Just love that cute swamp troll. Great folk art. Your Halloween framed piece looks wonderful, done and framed just in time!!

Daffycat said...

Great ORTs, Jo! I like quiet birthdays the best, glad it was a happy one!

Lili said...

Happy belated birthday, Jo!
The doll is great, such a lovely birthday gift!
Love the frame on your Halloween piece!
Nice progress on the dragon!

DJ said...

Wow! My jaw hit the floor when I saw how far you've come on your dragon....it's amazing!!! Love how you framed your Happy Halloween, what a cute design! And your little lady is too darn cute! Whoever made her is really talented, I love the look on her face too. Precious!!

Brigitte said...

This little troll is just funny, and her outfit just fashionable, lol.
Happy Halloween looks great.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love your troll, framing and dragon progress! Also, happy very-late birthday! :)

Katie said...

The troll is too cool. How neat. Happy Belated Birthday. Just love that dragon. I don't blame you want to finish it up.

The Crafty Princess said...

Happy belated birthday stunner (hangs head in shame) sorry I missed it. I hope you had a ridiculously outrageously amazing birthday. I love your self present, she is wickedly cool, right down to the spider tatt. Luckily she won't get far on that broom, I would hate for you to lose her.

I love your framed Halloween masterpiece, it's perfect in every way. Great achievement Jo
xo Alicia

Bethan said...

You always have such gorgeous projects! The Hallowe'en piece looks stunning, and I love the Swamp Troll. Such an amazing piece! Happy belated birthday x