Translate

Thursday 21 September 2017

September Theme-tas-Stitch Smalls

Theme-tas-stitch
Theme-tas-stitch is hosted by Kerry

Each month Kerry gives us a theme to stitch to and we show our progress on the 21st of every month.

September - What is the smallest stitch in your stash?  Show us your smalls!

I'm currently stitching two smallish projects, both Just Nans for the 10-a-day and 30-a-day challenges.

Here is Day 83 of Summer in the Square:


And here is Day 9 of Holly Knot:


Earlier in the month I completed Lacy Diamond for the 30-a-day:


Kerry asked for the smallest item in our stash.  I have a couple of the Just Nan Witchy Mice and the Autumn Mouse in a House on order.


I have stitched a few tiny things in the past:

Mr X-Stitch Mona Lisa - over one on 28 count evenweave

My own design Tiny Mice - over one on 40 count

Christmas Card from WOCS - over one on 40 count

Finally, if you like tiny stitching, check out Janet Granger's website, she currently has 10% off all her dollhouse needlepoint kits - Janet Granger and also look at this tiny cardigan from Althea Crome:










16 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my. I am trying to wrap my brain around those micro knits!!!! wOw!!

Mary said...

All of your finishes are lovely. Congrats on finishing Lacy Diamond; it is beautiful.

Linda said...

Love all your smalls Jo. It's hard to believe that someone can knit all those tiny sweaters. Amazing.

Linda

RJ said...

LOL!!! I'm like Vickie...whoa on those micro knits. They are amazing! I love all of your little stitches too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Christine said...

Great stitching! I very much like the look of Holly Knot.
Those micro-jumpers are insane!

Preeti said...

Lovely smalls and micro stitching! I will check the website for stitching, I was looking for some tiny charts. The micro knits are cool, I have seen micro crochet and amigurumis too. They are done with sewing thread. I plan to make a crochet miniature someday but I guess I will need magnifiers for that.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Those micro knits are amazing! Your smalls are pretty awesome, too, my dear.

DJ said...

Holy Micro Stitch!! Look at all those lovely smalls!! I love the little mice on 40 over one...I thought I was the only crazy person to stitch on 40 over one...haha Beautiful stitching, I love how you framed Mona Lisa. What a fun blog post!

Brigitte said...

These Just Nan mice are really tiny from what I can see. And wow, I just can't get it - over one on 40 ct - I think I couldn't do it even with a magnifier. I can't stich over two ! on 40 ct without a magnifier.
I love your Mona Lisa.
These micro knits are also for someone with eagle eyes :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Your x a day projects certainly are tiny, but those mice! So cute.

Katie said...

So tiny. Love your small stitching. Beautiful!

Stitching Noni said...

Wow... those tiny pieces are amazing! I don't think I could do them but I admire people that do them!
Love the Just Nan mouses... one day I will be brave and attempt one! ;o)

Justine said...

I can't believe how tiny those cardies are! Nice to see your Mona Lisa again too.

beadgirl said...

Oh my gosh, those tiny sweaters are insane! I beaded a tiny sweater once, but that doesn't seem nearly as impressive now.

Julie said...

One of the ladies at our craft group knitted a teeny tiny Frankenstein, i'd never seen anything so small before.

Bethan said...

Such tiny work! The Mona Lisa is amazing! x