Translate

Friday 28 April 2017

April Smalls SAL

Stitching Lotus Ornament SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus


This year I will be showing both my Hallowe'en and Christmas SAL partworks as well as any actual smalls I stitch.

I stitched the N for Happy Hallowe'en by Imaginating for the Winged Creatures theme:

Stitched on 32 count Lime Green Murano

Here's how the whole piece looks now:


For the Christmas SAL I completed Four Calling Birds from Joan Elliott's 12 Days of Christmas:



I finish-finished two Easter designs, one for my scrapbook and one as a cube:


A start and finish in just four days:

Spot of Spring by Drawn Thread

I've been trying to finally-finish some of my smalls and was pleased to get this one done the very day after I completed the stitching:


Just Nan Christmas Rose
stitched on 32 count Antique White evenweave
stitched as charted except for the small hearts,
I substituted satin stitches for the beads.

Finished as an ornie:


The reverse:


This was one of my 23 Just Nan starts for March Madness.  I stitched for one day on each design and then on the 1st April I picked up the first one and stitched 30 stitches per day until I finished it.  Once I completed all the plain cross stitching I stopped counting and did the satin stitches and beads in one day and then I finished it as an ornie the next.  The following day I picked up design number 2 which is Christmas Star.  I will continue to stitch 30 a day until this one is done too.  I chose 30 because that will enable me to average one finish per month.  Here is Christmas Star after 6 days of stitching:

stitched on 32 count Twilight Blue Permin linen

Finally, it's Friday so there's a  new Blogger of the Week, follow the link to find out who the featured stitcher is this week - 



28 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I really like Happy Hallowe'en,it is a great design and Christmas Rose is very pretty.

Beth in IL said...

Wow! You have been one busy girl! I love the Easter things. I really need to stitch more spring themed pieces.

Barb said...

You are really busy with some great stitching. I love the Halloween piece!

diamondc said...

Jo: You are one busy Lady, Halloween is beautiful, all your designs are lovely.

Blessings
Catherine

Melinda Forbes said...

Christmas Rose is so pretty. What a perfect Ornament. Those Halloween projects are looking amazing

The Crafty Princess said...

Nice work completing the N for Happy Halloween. I'm really enjoying your progress on this Halloweenie project. I also really love your Easter finish-finish that looks supercool!

I think if you put all your small stitching together you would have stitched a BAP.
xo Alicia

Nelza said...

Four Calling Birds and Christmas Rose are very sweet. Nice finish!

Kerryp77 said...

Beautiful stitching Jo, the. N is fab with the tree growing out of the top. Christmas rose is beautiful. Well done on fully 'FFO-ing it too.

Preeti said...

Great stitching and finishes! Love the Christmas Rose finish. I can't keep the exact count of stitches I make, how do you count 30 stitches?

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, you are a prolific stitcher, one is prettier than the next! Love the Halloween stitch and the rose is beautiful. I just followed you, my friend RJ and I just started blogging, would love for you to come by for a visit. Mary at stitchingfriendsforever2.blogspot.com

Justine said...

What a great update - you have been busy! I love that Halloween design, it's so cute.

Mary said...

Love your work. Your Easter finishes are so precious and I love your ornament.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful Jo, your Christmas Rose is gorgeous

Linda said...

Gorgeous finishes and awesome progress on the others Jo. You must do 50 stitches a minute.

Linda

Mel said...

I love the Christmas Ornament, I am in the habit of finishing the stitching but then procrastinating on finishing off the item. I am in awe of you finishing the stitching and then making the ornament only one day after. I must follow suit.

Mel said...

Mary thank you for listing your blog I am off to have a look at it now

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitching Jo, love the Christmas Rose design and the perfect backing fabric.

Bethan said...

You have been very busy stitching! The Hallowe'en piece is lovely; enjoying how different each letter is! Your Christmas ornament is great too x

Carol said...

Such pretty projects, Jo--I simply must stitch that DT Spot of Spring! It is so adorable :)

cucki said...

Such pretty projects
I love them so much
Hugs and blessings x

Christine said...

The Just Nan ornament is gorgeous!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I must take a leaf out of your book and finish some of my smalls. My stitched 'Spot of Spring' has been sitting around for a year and I've cut the backing fabric for it! Love your Just Nan ornament.

Julie said...

Lovely ornament finish, you'll have a tree full by the end of the year.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, what cute little finishes! I'm glad to see you're 30 a day is paying off.

Mini said...

Lovely finishing on Christmas rose. The easter finishes are cute too.When do we get to know your Blogaversary giveaway(hint hint:its better be me)

Lili said...

Love your Easter smalls, how cute cube!! Lovely colours on "Spot of Spring"!
"Christmas Rose" is so very pretty!! :)

Unknown said...

These are all so pretty! I especially like "Spot of Spring" and "4 Calling Birds." I admire your strategy for completing these projects at 30 stitches a day. I recently decided that if I was reluctant to dive in on a project, I could do 10 stitches--less than 30, but it works!

Sarah in Stitches said...

All your stitching is so lovely! Spot of Spring especially is really pretty. Congrats on the finishes! :D