Translate

Thursday 23 October 2014

TUSAL of Tea

It's TUSAL time again!  For those of you new to blogging, the TUSAL is a project run by Daffycat, click on the button on the right hand bar for more details.

This year I am intending to stitch The Little Stitcher's Twelve Days of Christmas as a monthly project.  Laura has designed twelve charts with a different theme for each one to represent the days of Christmas.  She has invented the different themes herself using her lovely imagination!

This week I have stitched The Day of Tea.  Here it is as part of my TUSAL photo:


And on its own:


It's a lovely little tableau featuring a woman with an oversized cup about to have a nice gallon of tea!  I suspect there are many of my friends who would drink that much tea but probably spaced over the course of a whole day.  Despite being English I am not a tea drinker.  I drink instant coffee or cappucino if I am out.  But not the little biscuits that come with a cappucino because one of the children usually want it!

My Dad is not a tea drinker either, he likes a cup of sugar with a spoonful of coffee!  My Mum and my Brother however are avid tea drinkers.  They only have a small kitchen but one entire cupboard is devoted to teas of all types for different times of the day and the year.

So how about you?  Tea, coffee or something else?

For fans of The Little Stitcher there is a lovely Christmas design in this month's Just Cross Stitch magazine:



Here is the other project I have been stitching this week, Madame Chantilly On the Beach.  This will be a birth sampler for my cousin's baby.

Stitched on 32 count Kynance from Sparklies

In the last post I said I wasn't happy with the blue stripes charted in DMC 926 so I switched them for 799 which looks much better.  I exchanged the light blue for 800 and will also change the darkest blue for 798 when I get to it.  I think this is going to be a nice quick design and I promise to take some better photos!  This was taken in artificial light on a dull evening and doesn't show the fabric to its best but the scanned version just whites it all out!

The Spooky Countdown is continuing, here are the collages for days 9-16 and 17-23:

Days Nine to Sixteen

Days Seventeen to Twenty-Three
   
Finally, one last call for the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop sign-up.  Just leave a comment (making sure I can contact you via email - Hazel D please contact me) and then a few days before the 31st October I will contact you with a letter to display on your blog on the 31st along with some Hallowe'en stitching of your own.  I will list all the blogs in order and people will hop around collecting the letters to SPELL out the Mystery Phrase.

To see how it all works, check out last year's Blog Hop here 



18 comments:

Beth said...

Wonderful stitching Jo! The beach huts will be very cute.

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and lots of orts Jo. I love your Halloween tree.

Linda

AnaCristina said...

oh! so pretty!! i loved this halloween tree!

CalamityJr said...

The baby gift is going to look amazing on that fabric, and the day of tea is such a fun design. I'm with your Mum and brother; I know I should finish some tea before buying more but I just can't resist those flavor descriptions :). Now my Mom would have more easily shared the kitchen with your Dad, except we always said she liked a little coffee in her cream. Fun memory - thank you.

Julie said...

The new blue looks wonderful Jo, a great change.
Love the little design in this months JCS, might have to get me a copy of that one.

Mii Stitch said...

Definitely a tea drinker... but I love the smell of coffee :)
I think my dad is a bit like your mum... he has quite a "big" collection of teas!
Love your progress on Madame Chantilly, it will be a wonderful gift (seriously, that fabric is just awesome!!! You know, I already told you before :D)

Thoeria said...

Ah Jo....that Halloweenie tree of yours is something lovely!! Great stitching going on this month!
Now....tea....only if it's herbal and black.....don't do milky stuff.....and coffee has to be black too!But I do prefer coffee. Lol....my kids normally want the biscuit too!

Rhona said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the day of Tea design - that could be me with the oversized cup, and yes I do drink that much in one go!!! ;)

Suz said...

I am most definitely a tea drinker, with an entire cabinet dedicated to different teas! I also have an electric kettle and I can't imagine how people live without them :) I do drink coffee at work.

I still adore your tree, it's so awesome.

I love the idea of the Halloween blog hop, how fun!

Lili said...

Lovely stitching!
Miss Santa is so cute! I need to buy that issue!
Coffee and tea, but I prefer coffee.
Your Halloween tree is amazing!
Hugs,
Lili

Christine said...

That looks like my kind of cup of tea!
The spooky tree looks fab

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching !! Your Halloween tree looks great !
I drink coffee but not regularly, mostly green tea....it's yucky.
My mom also drinks lot of tea.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Love it all!!
Oh my you have been busy indeed!
Tea stitch is really cute and I love it!
Oooh my!! Your halloween things are brilliant and wow you must of spent a fair few hours, weeks, months doing them! They are wonderful and I love the way you have displayed them too:)
Wonderful!
Smiles :)

Michelle said...

Wow Wow Wow I love it xxx

findingflapjack said...

Some great projects, I especially love that beach fabric! I'm definitely a tea drinker, though I'll enjoy a nice cup of coffee on a quiet weekend.

I'm not so much into Halloween and definitely have nothing relevant I could show off so I won't join in this blog hop, will be looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done though!

Steph said...

I love your tea stitch, that's lovely. I drink mostly coffee,but do like tea and have recently taken a liking to Chai Tea and also tried chocolate tea! Which does not involve any actual chocolate which makes me slightly disappointed! Not sure you needed such a lengthy reply from me on that subject! ^_- Love your spooky stitching too. XOX

Kaisievic said...

Jo, I always, always, always love all of your stitching! I must check out The Little Stitcher's 12 Days of Christmas.

jocondine said...

Those charts of 12 days of Christmas are too cute.
Laura is really a great designer and as a big drinker of tea I specially love this one.
Must leave you to boil some water and write a teapo(s)t !