Translate

Monday 8 July 2013

July TUSAL



It's TUSAL time again!  For those of you new to blogging, the TUSAL is a project run by Daffycat, click on the button on the right hand bar for more details.


July's TUSAL features the photo I sent out to Debbie for the Summer Postcard Blog Hop, a CCN design called Cherry Hill Cottage.  The current stitching alongside is a piece of my own design which will also feature cherries.  Full details to follow when I finish it!  The little round tin was a cover gift from magazine (probably Cross Stitcher) and I use it for my travelling ORTs.  It's also a useful paperweight, because I stitch in hand the bottom of my fabric is always curling up.

Continuing on with the red theme, I've actually managed to stitch some more on my Scarlet Letter Sampler


This is the English Transitional Sampler and it's a long slow process stitching all the outline.  The filling in should be easier and quicker too!  I'm stitching this as part of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year.  A project we set in motion last November to celebrate a milestone Birthday for Nicola in February.  The blog went stratospheric and we have over 200 stitchers contributing now.  There's always room for one more though, so if you have a hankering to stitch a reproduction sampler, or one of Marsha's own designs then pop over to the Scarlet Letter Year Blogs (One and Two) and find out more.
Alternatively, just come and follow us to enjoy the beautiful stitching.  We have a page just for Finishes (over eighty so far) and a page of useful Hints and Tips including links to the interviews with various celebrity stitchers.

Finally, remember I was having problems getting my subscription to JCS renewed because the computer wouldn't accept UK as a valid country?  I kept getting emails offering me a free issue if I signed up so I set up my address choosing Europe Military as the country (presumably intended for servicemen and women?) then when I got the email confirmation I just asked them to amend my country to UK which they did and the magazine arrived a couple of weeks later with an invoice.  So we shall see if my subscription continues smoothly from now on.  



10 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Cherry Hill is so sweet. I must do my tusal but its currently at DS's school for a recycling project!

Vickie said...

Hi Jo! I am most intrigued by the piece of your own design. Can't wait.

Julie said...

Cherry Hill is lovely and you've made great progress on the SAL

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo,

I somehow missed TUSAL this month and FNSI and.... too busy, I think. Love your Tusal and I am most intrigued by your design - can't wait to see it finished.

hugs, kaye

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great orts for this month!

Anne said...

Jo! I am loving your red theme and your sampler is coming along beautifully!! I sure hope that all works out well with the JCS issues. So strange isn't it that England isn't a valid country...silly people!

Giovanna said...

I love how you framed Cherry Hill! And the sampler's looking great. Have a great weekend.

Karoline said...

Cherry Red is lovely & nice to see the sampler again

Topcho said...

Cherry hill is lovely! I've seen this design done by many stitchers, but with the way you framded it, it looks just amzing. Love the sampler too! Somehow, the first thing that cme to my mind when I saw it was - Santas XD I guess I'm getting into July Christmas mood

Susan said...

Red is always good! Very neat framing for Cherry Hill and very intrigued by your new design. I rather like the outline on your sampler just as is, but I"m sure it will be beautiful when filled in.