Translate

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Theme-a-licious January Update



Theme-a-licious is hosted by Heather of It's Geek to Me
Each month Heather thinks up a theme for us to stitch to, or in my case, a theme to somehow shoe-horn my existing stitching into, no matter how tenuous the link!

This month it is

Jardin Janvier
The holidays were a little stressful...let's relax in a nice garden. Work on any piece with flowers or gardens.

So out of hibernation came Green Goddess!!  Embarrassingly I haven't stitched on her since last Jardin Janvier!  Here is the picture from that last update:


And here is today's photo for comparison:


And here is the second piece that fits into the Jar din theme, the first in the series from Dragon Dreams 12 Dragonlets of Christmas, Partridge in a Pear Tree.  They are only available through their Facebook page.  This is tiny, only 2 by 1 inch stitched over 2.  I'm stitching the 12 designs one a month over this year as part of Silver Lotus's ornie challenge.  The Large Boy has requested they be finished individually so they can be added to our display board one at a time next Christmas.




So that's it for Jardin-ing.  In other news, I received a batch of threads from Kathy as payment for a magazine I sent her.  I now have every single plain DMC colour, even the ones added randomly in the middle of a run (777 bought last week).  So now I can stitch this:




Isn't it amazing?  To find out more click on Hardcore Stitch Corp blog.  I saw this on Mr. X-Stitch's blog and just loved it.

Finally it's less than a month to Valentine's Day so it must be time to launch the 
.
Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop
 
It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.   It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 
There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post, I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.



31 comments:

Elaine said...

I love your green goddess!

Penny said...

Green Goddess is pretty - you've made some nice progress on it!

Vickie said...

Hi Jo! Count me in for Secret Stitching Sweetheart. I have the perfect piece for it. I'll need to get it to you. ;)

McKenna C. said...

That sounds fun! Count me in! I'll start working on something.

~McKenna

Linda said...

You've made great progress on Green Goddess. Love your new start.

Linda

Unknown said...

Green Goddess is looking great and I'm looking forward to seeing your Dragonlets of Christmas take shape.

Susan said...

Very nice progress on Green Goddess. I jumped over to Dragon Dreams FB page just to see, those dragonlets are too cute. That piece with all the DMC is very cool!

Angela CG said...

I would love to be a part of the Secret Stitching Sweetheart. Please count me in. BTW Green Goddess is wonderful.

Bea said...

Your progress on Green Goddess is excellent.

Christine said...

The Green Goddess is beautiful.
Count me in for the bloghop

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching progress!

Julie said...

Green goddess is stunning

Astrids dragon said...

Almost green with envy, she's going to look beautiful!

I have the 12 Dragonlets of Christmas too, just not sure how I want to stitch them.

Count me in for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart, glad I have some time to figure out what to do!

gracie said...

Love the Goddess...love the new blog hop! Of course I want to play!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your Green Goddess is lovely!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIPs are looking great you really should give that goddess a little more attention!

Katy said...

Beautiful progress and count me in on the blog hop!

Miss Lilly said...

Green Goddess is looking really good!

I'd like to join the blog hop please :)

Nicola said...

Count me in Jo we had such fun last year.

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Wow, your Green Goddess is amazing! You've made a ton of progress on her. Well done!

Karoline said...

Great progress Jo, they're looking lovely

Unknown said...

Count me in, sounds great xx

Unknown said...

Your Green Goddess is stunning!
Love the ornamnet, it is so cute!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Green Goddess is looking wonderful! Please count me in for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop!

Minnie said...

I have just the thing for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop count me in.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

awesome progress :D

Unknown said...

Count me in on the secret stitching sweetheart blog hop please. No idea what i will submit but I'm about to start looking through all of my stash so there goes the rest of my evening!

geeky Heather said...

Since I haven't seen a completed picture of Green Goddess, I'm wondering how much is left! I thought she was nearly done, but maybe not? Anyway, she's looking wonderful!

I have the perfect thing for the sweetheart blog hop!

jackie4ball said...

I love your green goddess. I would love to join the sweetheart stitch but will have to look through what i have as it is pretty close now to the deadline if i don't have anything this month can i jump in next month.

Topcho said...

Is it too late to jump in ? :) Ifnot, count me in! I wan't sure I'll be able to finish stitching my heart on time, but now that it's almost done, I have no worries :)

Sarah Beth said...

Is it too late I have something that says love that I can send.:-)