Translate

Saturday 26 January 2013

January WIPocalypse



Welcome to the first WIPocalypse post of the New Year courtesy of Measi's Musings.

Once again my WIPocalypse has three parts; my 13 in '13, the Monthly Challenges and the Theme-a-licious challenge.  As Theme-a-licious is due to be posted on the 31st I'll concentrate on Parts 1 and 2 for this post.

Part 1 - 13 in '13 (13 projects I'd like to finish in 2013)

  1. Papillon - Around the World in 80 Stitches
  2. Joan Elliott - Green Goddess
  3. Marie Suarez - My Lovely Sewing Tools
  4. Prairie Moon - Thine is the Trick and the Treat
  5. Nora Corbett Cottages - choose one out of three
  6. Lizzie*Kate Seasons - (from Sarah)
  7. With my Needle - April Word Play (from Jenny )
  8. Andree Langhorn - Fairy (fabric from Mouse)
  9. Stitchers' Hideaway - Hear the Sea Call (from Riona)
10. Snapdragon (from Lesley)
11. Beehive Needleworks - Sunflower and Acorns (from Linda)
12. Double Double (from Gracie)
13. A Mon Ami Pierre - Noel Blanc (from Kathy)

I've worked on one of them this month - Joan Elliott's Green Goddess and here is my progress picture:


I'm just stitching the plain DMC at the moment.  I'll go back and complete the Kreinik once that's all done.

Part 2 consists of my Monthly Challenges

Dragon Dreams - 12 Dragon Days of Christmas
JBW Cat from JCS - one a month in themed colours
Joan Elliott 2013 Diary SAL - 12 designs from the diary which came with WOCS magazine issue 198
Hallowe'en Ornie SAL - 12 different themes

Very successful here.  I have completed three out of the four and have made good progress on the Joan Elliott January picture.  Here are the three finished pieces:






Isn't Pumpkin Kitty super-adorable?  It's a freebie from Silver Cute Dwarf's blog.  It's actually quite big and wasn't an easy stitch, there are lots of vertical and horizontal stitches rather than 3/4 fractionals which made counting tricky.  There's alot of stitching hours in this one!

Finally, I'm taking sign-ups for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentines Day.  Very simple - just email me a stitched picture suitable as a Valentine for a stitching friend and I'll do the rest!  You'll receive an email picture just before the 14th that you must post on your blog.  Then we all hop around to find out who got our picture!  Click on the heart below for more details and to sign up.






18 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

All looks lovely and I like your idea of 13 in '13. I think I should revise my list...

Linda said...

Great stitching and finishes Jo.

Linda

Sandy said...

Can't wait to see a picture of our Thine is the Trick and Treat. I'm doing it as well :)

Sandra

Bonnie Brown said...

Good luck on all your goals for this year. I plan on doing the dragon dreams 12 days as well. I managed to get 2 done at retreat last weekend.

Nicola said...

Where do you find the time Jo will all that you do? Can you send me some of your energy. Thank you for sharing your projects.

Christine said...

You've had a productive month Jo!

cucki said...

sweet stitching and lovely finishes dear x

Siobhán said...

Super sweet stitching! I like your 13 for '13!

Kerryp77 said...

Great to see some progress on green goddess, it's such a beautiful piece. The finishes for the monthly challenges are fabm love the little snowflake cat. The JE diary has some beautiful charts in so looking forward to seeing them each month. x

Miss Lilly said...

Lovely stitching! The pumpkin kitty is so cute :3

Julie said...

Your needle has been working well this month Jo, green goddess looks amazing.

Fiona said...

Great progress on you WIP. Your finishes are very cute. My favourite one is the JBW cat, very pretty.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on all the achievements! I stitched up the dragonlet ornie this afternoon :-)

Kasey said...

Fantastic WIPs!! Best of luck on your "to-do" list for this year.

Topcho said...

Ooh, they are all gorgeous! I love how the Green Goddess is coming along, and I think I am going to fall in love with the dragons project. I just checked their facebook and they're all so cute - I can't waot to see more of them <3. Speaking of cuteness, it's impossible not to mention the pumpkin kittie :D

brod'attitude said...

Kitty is very cute. May be I will stich it.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Unknown said...

Again, the Green Goddess is gorgeous. I absolutely LOVE the idea of 13 in 13. Oh I just adore the JBW cat ornamet...three of my favorite things, cats, snowflakes and blue! :D