Translate

Monday 28 January 2013

Happy Dance for my Joan Elliott Round Robin

Way back in August 2011 I put a post up on the Yuku Board, "anyone interested in doing a Joan Elliott Round Robin in 2012?"

Several people were and seven of us made the committment and spend last year stitching away on our pieces.  You can see the round-up of the designs I stitched on everyone else's on this post here.

Now it's time to show my completed piece!  Mine took a little time to come back as one stitcher had a family illness to contend with so she was allowed extra stitching time.  I completed the centrepiece last night and added the title plus my name.

Here's the whole thing in all it's glory:


not the best photo but I'll try get a better one for my Happy Dance blog.
The fabric is actually pale green!

And close-ups of each block:

Poppy by Debbie

Rose by Michelle

Lily by Karen

Chysanthemum by Melva

Iris by Jacqui

Daffodil by Stephanie

My centrepiece

There is going to be a 2013 Joan Elliott RR, but I'm not taking part this year due to other stitching commitments.  So if you'd like to sign up then you'd better be quick about it!!

Finally, don't forget to sign up for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.  Click to heart to go to the sign-up post.


39 comments:

Annie said...

Incredibly beautiful! So many Round Robins never quite get to the finish line. How nice that this one did and the workmanship is so wonderful.

Rhona said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work by all of you clever ladies.

Anne said...

Love it Jo!! What a successful Round Robin!! Now my question is...who keeps it? The person who started it?

Julie said...

I love it, Jo, congratulations on such a beautiful finish! My fingers are itching to sign me up for the 2013 JE RR, too, especially after seeing your finish, but... I do have other stitching plans too :)

Nic said...

Gorgeous!

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xxx

Vickie said...

Wow!! What a treasure!

Rachel said...

That is amazing! Beautiful work, great design for the piece!!

Shebafudge said...

What a gorgeous RR. I have an empty space on my wall where it would fit if you don't want it.....

Yeah alright I can dream. xx

sharine said...

Wow. It looks beautiful:)

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful piece of stitching.
It will be great to see it framed!

Hugs Yvon.

ricketyjo said...

That's lovely!! love all the detail :-)

♥ Nia said...

beautiful work :)
hugs&smiles

Kerryp77 said...

Jo that is stunning. Well done to you all. X

Linda said...

Wow Jo!! Your RR piece is absolutely stunning. Congrats to you and all the stitchers.

Linda

Anne said...

Stunning stitching! :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful round robin. congrats!

Katy said...

It's stunning! I keep seeing RR posts and though I haven't joined one yet, I'm awfully tempted to do one sometimes!

Christine said...

That is just lovely Jo

Julie said...

Congratulations to all the ladies who stitched on your beautiful RR, its turned out beautifully.

Thoeria said...

Well done to all of you....your robin looks amazing!

Mii Stitch said...

Congratulations to all of you who took part! It looks beautiful, full of details, sparles and everything :D

Siobhán said...

Beautiful! Well done to all of you!

Shirlee said...

It's gorgeous Jo! Congratulations on completing such a beautiful piece!

Melissa said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! Everyone did a great job :)

Miamina said...

Wow, it's stunning! What beautiful stitching from everyone involved.

Giovanna said...

That's wonderful, congratulations!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that is spectacular! You must be just chuffed by it!

Debbie said...

Hello Jo, thank you so much for the invite - after clicking the link hopefully we've connected! !I'm new to blogger so just getting into the swing of how it works!)
In actual fact, I'm new to cross stitching too - I have done a few pieces, to novice level, but am eager to try my hand with some of these beautiful designs and welcome any advice, hints and tips for an absolute beginner!
Love Debbie x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful RR Jo! Congrats to everyone who took part.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful RR Jo! Congrats to everyone who took part.

brod'attitude said...

Fantastic ! I like to stich round robin too. It's a nice adventure and a good surprise to see what the stichers have done.

Fiona said...

Lovely RR, the center piece brings it all together.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Nicola said...

I think the concept of a RR is a lovely one. You have a beautiful keepsake of your stitching sisters.

Maureen said...

Just gorgeous! I love it when a rr comes all together.

Andie said...

Your JE rr is stunning!

#HeatherMakes said...

Oh I love your RR! I haven't done a RR for ages and ages! XxxX