WIPocalypse thanks to Measi of Measi's Musings
Part 1 of the WIPocalypse was my "12 in '12" which were 12 charts I wanted to stitch in 2012 (following on from my "11 in '11" - 11 charts I wanted to stitch in 2011). Can you guess what next year's will be called?
Final 12 in '12
1. Dark Alphabet SAL
2. Joan Elliott's Green Goddess
3. Gift of Stitching My Lovely Sewing Tools SAL
4. Home of a Needleworker (PIF from Nicola)
5. Blackbird Designs (came with Madame Muriel from Margaret)
6. Ed Hardy - Skull & Roses (for a friend)
7. Wedding Sampler (for a friend)
8. Baby Sampler (for a friend)
9. Baby Sampler (for my cousin)
10. Yiotas Coffee Fairy
11. Papillon Around the World in 80 Stitches
12. Nora Corbett Trick or Treat Fairy - this was replaced by Prairie Moon Thine is the Trick and the Treat (it's a similar name so that's ok!)
I actually did really well with it this year, certainly better than 11 in '11. I learned from my mistakes and included my obligation stitching and some smaller projects too.
So here are pictures of the 12 -
5. Bluebirds by Blackbird Designs - Finished
9. Noah's Ark by JBW - Finished
Then there's the Part 2 -
Just Nanathon - I have so many of these I want to try stitch as many as possible over the next year or two (or three or four).
Here's the Just Nans I did stitch this year:
I've actually got more charts than those that I've won over the last year and plenty more from magazines! But these are the ones that made the list of 13. The four WIPS are pretty big projects, ATW80 won't be finished because it's a part-work continuing into 2014. The cottages, Snapdragon and Noel Blanc are medium sized projects and the others are all smaller.
Part 2 of the WIPocalypse is going to be the monthly stitching challenges including the Ornament Challenge from Silver Lotus Reflections in the Pond. I have chosen two series of designs for this - the Dragon Dreams 12 Dragon Days of Christmas (from FB) and the JBW cat from JCS mag which I want to stitch 12 times in different colours.
And Christine is continuing the Needlecraft Haven Freebie Challenge each month.
And the Italian Earthquake Charity Fundraiser booklet, there's several designs I'd like to stitch from that.
And the entire back catalogue of Gift of Stitching magazine I got for Christmas. I notice there are some ornie specials in there. I haven't even loaded the CDs onto the computer yet!!
Is half the fun actually writing these lists? I certainly enjoyed going through my Giveway bag and re-reading the notes sent with the prizes!