Part 1 - My 12 in '12
1. Dark Alphabet SAL - all completed this year
2. Joan Elliott's Green Goddess - not stitched for some time
3. Gift of Stitching My Lovely Sewing Tools SAL - not stitched for some time
4. Home of a Needleworker (PIF from Nicola) - started this month, great progress
5. Blackbird Designs (came with Madame Muriel from Margaret) - completed last month
6. Ed Hardy - Skull & Roses (for a friend) - not started
7. Wedding Sampler (for a friend) - completed this month
8. Baby Sampler (for a friend) - completed
9. Baby Sampler (for my cousin) - completed
10. Yiotas Coffee Fairy - not stitched for some time
11. Papillon Around the World in 80 Stitches - Parts 1 to 3 completed. Part 4 well on its way to completion.
12. Nora Corbett Trick or Treat Fairy - not started.
So here are the photos of this month's successes:
Part 2 - Just Nan-a-thon
Not so good, in fact nothing again! Although I have bought some more charts...
Part 3 - Theme-a-licious
The theme for this month was Altius August - Embrace the Olympic motto--Citius, Altius, Fortius (Faster, Higher, Stronger)--by elevating your mind. It's the perfect time to learn something new! Or maybe achieve some goals...
I thought I'd follow Heather's example and set myself some targets and award myself Bronze, Silver and Gold medals for how many I complete. Here are the August targets, in five categories, one for each ring:
Band Sampler Round Robin - Finish the current piece and also the one due to arrive next week - Finished the first, started the second - Bronze Medal
Blue Ribbon Designs - stitch the snowman ornie and scrapbook the two together - not at all.
Joan Elliott Round Robin - Finish the current piece - Finished - Bronze Medal
Birthday cards - stitch two cards for lucky August ladies -
Finished one - Silver Medal
Finished two - Gold Medal
Giveaways - stitch at least one of the two outstanding prizes - Finished one - Bronze Medal
Needlecraft Haven - stitch the August freebie Finished - Silver Medal
Papillon Around the World - stitch at least the outlines for Parts 3 and 4, complete Parts 1 and 2 including the metallics. -
Part 1 complete - Bronze Medal
Part 2 complete - Silver Medal
Part 3 complete - Gold Medal
Just-Nan-a-thon - stitch at least one design - not yet
12 in '12 - keep up the good progress and either start or finish another one of my 12. NB this does not include the BBD as it is nearly done even as I type -
Started LHN - Home of a Needleworker - Bronze Medal
Finished Every Time Hearts - Silver Medal
So that's a total of five Bronze medals, four Silver Medals and two Gold Medals. According to the table of medals, that means I am Kenya. Please feel free to sing the Kenyan National Anthem and salute "our" flag.
Looking forward to September - September Smalls
We all love gadgets, and none better than the teensy tools and holders we make ourselves. Let's stitch some smalls--needlebooks, fobs, biscornus, scissors keeps, pincushions--or knit some teensy things--amigurumi, jewelry, sachets....Hmmm, not so sure about all the finishing skills needed for that lot. I think I'll stitch to stitching smalls for my scrapbook.