Translate

Wednesday 16 November 2011

150 followers free chart

150 followers!  Wow!  Well, it's actually 152 as I type.  I thought I'd hit this number after the next IHSW but not so soon.  I wonder how many of the original 50 followers are still reading?  I know plenty still comment so that's all good.

I thought I'd give everyone a little something this time round.  I am proud to present my very first ever freebie chart!  It is very homespun, eg handdrawn on graph paper and scanned.  I hope the little squares show up okay when if you print it out.  The design is based on a poster I drew for our school's Christmas Craft Fayre last year.  Each year the PTA have to organise two major fundraising events and I'm in charge of letters and posters.  I have to draw a poster which children from age 3 to 11 can colour in.  Not a simple task!  There must be enough written information but not too much.  When I drew last year's I thought "that would make a nice chart" so here it is:


I've put my blog on the bottom because I download lots of free charts and get cross with myself when I don't note down where they came from.  And because I'm a shameless self-publicist!  How else did I get 150 followers in such a short amount of time?!!

I'd be absolutely over the moon if someone actually stitched this design and sent me a picture.  I might even send you something!  The idea is that you can choose any colours you like, you can put patterns on the parcels, you could even bs the ribbons so they aren't so blocky.  I think it would look good with blackwork on the parcels.   The round parcel would look good in a metallic too.  Let your imagination have free rein.  That DMC memory wire stuff would make good ribbons too...

As always I try to return following but not everyone's following profile points to their blog.  So leave a comment and I'll find you that way.

Last night I stitched a small amount on the neglected Tree of Stitches.  It got put away in favour of the Dark Alphabet then I got obsessed by My Lovely Sewing Tools.  Anyway I will be stitching it every week from now on and hope to finish by Christmas.  Here's a reminder of what it looks like (the Norwich stitches aren't finished, they need their top weaves done.



I have also found this great Laura Perin Mini Mystery Monday.  Laura is known as The Two-Handed Stitcher and produces beautiful work mainly on canvas.  She is putting out a small part of this design each Monday.  My Mum gave me some strange material earlier this year, she wasn't sure what it is or where it came from.  It's a hard open fabric with a count of 21 to the inch.  Anyway it seems to be good for Laura's project.  The coverage is interesting as Laura recommends DMC Perle 5 which I don't have so I experimenting with what I do have!  Some random unlabelled variegated purple which is perfect and some DMC with various strands, either 4 or 2 depending on what I feel like.  The green is Madeira which I got free from somewhere or other.  I'm not a Madeira person but I'm using all 6 strands without separating them first and it's covering very nicely.

Part 1

Part 2
 Part 2 was scanned, I'm not so happy with the gold coverage.  I may have to redo those Rhodes stitches.  The trouble is I cut the ends too short and they're starting to unwind themselves!  There isn't so much to anchor them on the back as there is with cross stitching.  Different techniques call for different methods!

Madame Muriel will be returning to the blog again with some more myths to bust.  Thanks to everyone who has mentioned one so far, keep them coming.  They make me laugh and she enjoys being an investigative granny (it makes her feel like Miss Marple).

Finally I am working hard on Christmas cards which you can't see until the recipients have received them.

14 comments:

Kat said...

Thanks for the free pattern, and I LOVE your tree of stitches!

~Kat

Julie said...

Congratulations on 152 members! And what a lovely pattern. I love it - can see the packages filled with blackwork... hmmmmm - yes, I AM supposed to be working on something else, hahahaha.

Julie

Stitchabilities said...

Thanks for the freebie, And well done on so many followers!!

cucki said...

congratulations dear on 153 followers..
the chart is very sweet.thank you dear for it.
tree of stitches is looking so nice and your other stitching as well.
keep well love for you and hugs for granny xx

Ruth said...

Why thank you for the lovely ornie option. How very gracious of you.

And thanks for the reminder to get back at my TOS. Poor thing thinks I don't love it anymore.

Kaisievic said...

154 followers - that is amazing - congratulations. Thank you for the free chart - I am going to stitch it asap (although I have so many other things on the go!)

Your TOS is looking amazing.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Dani - tkdchick said...

That tree of stitches is spectacular especially the colours you chose!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on 152 followers. Thank you for the free chart. Lovely progress on tree of stitches.

Christine said...

Thank you for the free pattern.
Your tree of stitches is absolutely beautiful, and the new canvaswork piece is looking good too.
You could always put a tiny dab of glue on the back where the ends are starting to unravel.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Congrats Jo on your chart and thanks for allowing it to be downloaded:)
I love the way your Tree of Stitches is looking, I never tire of seeing this Abi Gurden design,it is really lovely.

Mouse said...

ooo well done on the followers :)cute freebie too .. will see if I can squeeze this one in :) when doing Rhodes finishing off weave the threads back on them selves it does help :) love mouse xxx

Giovanna said...

Thanks for the chart, and great going on the gorgeous tree!

Topcho said...

Congrats for the 152 followers! You absolutely deserve them and there are lot more to come! The tree looks awesome and it makes me think of some juicy oranges :D

Anna van Schurman said...

Love Tree of Stitches. I'm such a fan of orange!