Pages

▼

Wednesday, 2 September 2026

August's Progress

I'm using my WIPGO Board to decide what to stitch this year.  For August I had Nora Corbett's Zodiac Girl for her second turn and a new start from The Cricket Collection with the third season in the series - Autumn.


stitched on 32 count Cancer Murano from Sparklies


She is the fifth sign I have stitched and the second Water sign.  I stitched as charted but I substituted the following threads for the Caron Waterlilies:

 CW152 - CC Argylle Socks
CW 158 - DMC 4210
CW 210 - DMC 4000  


When I had finished her, I moved on to Cricket Collection's Autumn:

Stitched on 32 count tea-dyed evenweave

I'm using Anchor threads for this one.  It's charted for both DMC and Anchor and I had quite a few of the right colours.  The rest I have done my own conversion.  I've got the skeins so I might as well use them for projects like this. 


My Dark 13 project is Witching Hour by Keslyn's, and I added an H and the I.  They were quite intertwined it made sense to stitch them both in one month.

stitched 1 over 2 on 32 count Cirrus evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


I'm using a variegated DMC thread - 4240, a mixture of blues and purples.  I decided to use a different colour for the spiders and chose the Victorian Motto Violet-Grey thread I used for the Halloween Bookshelf last year.  It's not as harsh as 310.


In the evenings I continued with the Living on the Rainbow Alice in Wonderland book design.  This will be fully-finished into a 3D book.

  
stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen























No comments:

Post a Comment

I do enjoy your comments and will reply where relevant, so please make sure you are not a "no-reply" person!
If you are a robot then please pretend there is a word verifier and go away. I have removed it for the commenting pleasure and ease of my human followers.