Pages

Sunday, 2 August 2026

July's Progress

I'm using my WIPGO Board to decide what to stitch this year.  Both numbers for July were for Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll so I got a lot of  progress on her.

This is the main area I worked on, finishing her bedding and frills:


Then I started on the vines around the top and edges.  These are charted to be stitched in brown Wisper but I didn't like the way it backstitches as the fluff gets flattened from being pulled through the fabric.  Instead, I backstitched the lines in DMC 3031 then whip stitched using the Wisper, much more fluffy and a smoother line too.


Here's the whole piece as she looks now:

stitched on 32 count Vinyard Murano from Crafty Kitten


My Dark 13 project is Witching Hour by Keslyn's, and I added an G:

stitched 1 over 2 on 32 count Cirrus evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I'm using a variegated DMC thread - 4240, a mixture of blues and purples.  I decided to use a different colour for the spiders and chose the Victorian Motto Violet-Grey thread I used for the Halloween Bookshelf last year.  It's not as harsh as 310.



In the evenings I continued with the Living on the Rainbow Alice in Wonderland book design.  This will be fully-finished into a 3D book.  


stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen


I whip stitched the caterpillar's hookah pipe too


My plan is to stitch each page as it is released and I'm pretty much keeping up so far.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I do enjoy your comments and will reply where relevant, so please make sure you are not a "no-reply" person!
If you are a robot then please pretend there is a word verifier and go away. I have removed it for the commenting pleasure and ease of my human followers.