Translate

Monday 20 April 2020

April IHSW


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

Once again I started the weekend off with my Alice in Wonderland SAL from Cross Stitcher magazine:


The Tweedles before and after backstitching


This fabric colour is more accurate

The whole piece so far:

stitched on 32 count yellow linen

I should have done another day on the border but I was stitching outside today and beading doesn't go well with outdoor stitching so I moved on to my Discworld Mappe.  And this amazing landmark:

stitched on custom-dyed 32 count Murano from Sparklies

The large landmass is complete!  I will spend the rest of the rotation filling in the backstitch and adding some of the islands around the continent.  But this is a great achievement.


Finally, the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th May so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post. 





14 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like you made great use of your weekend, Jo! I especially like seeing Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee as my husband and I dressed up as the pair one Halloween when we were in college. I even made little white ties for us embroidered with "Dum" and "Dee" (of course, he made me wear "Dum"--ha ha)...

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, Great work on Discworld - do you have much left to go, do you think? The February CrossStitcher mag finally arrived in Melbourne - I do not know why it takes so long for them to get here - crazy! Anyway, I now have the border for Alice in Wonderland - so watch this space! It is amazing how much the backstitch can add to a design - Tweedledum and Tweedledee look great.

butterfly said...

Oh Jo love your Alice stitch .
The world is looking good .
Have a good week .

Cathy said...

I'm enjoying watching the Alice in Wonderland SAL come to life! Lots of progress on Discworld Map, too.

Katie said...

Wow! Fantastic progress on the mappe. Lovely new block on the Alice SAL too. Another one of those pieces that backstitches sure made a huge difference.

Julie said...

Great faces the tweedles have.

Barb said...

Alice is looking good. I love the colors !

Tiffstitch said...

Wow!!! That is amazing to get that entire landmass finished. What a relief to have a bit more interesting stitching to do as well. The Tweedles look great too.

Linda said...

Awesome progress on both Jo.

Linda

Mary's Thread said...

Great progress on both pieces! You had a very productive weekend! It's wonderful to see both pieces grow every month, and will be amazing to see them finished in the not so distant future!

diamondc said...

Jo: I love Alice In Wonderland so adorable.
Disc World is amazing, I am really looking forward to seeing it framed.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Christine said...

The Tweedles look great. I haven't even started mine yet.
Great progress on the Mappe too

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching progress! Especially on the mappe. That land mass out of the way must be a huge relief.

Rachel said...

That looks like a very productive IHSW! Congrats on finishing stitching the massive continent; I realise there's still a lot to do but, like you said, what an accomplishment. :)