Translate

Friday 27 March 2020

March Smalls

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be my JBW 12 Days of Christmas ornaments which I started on Boxing Day 2019 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.  I completed the Third Day in March:

stitched 1 over 2 on 40 count white linen

I completed a Just Nan Small.  This one is Crystal Heart:

stitched on 32 count Lavender Murano

The next one in the line is Garden Maze.  I started really well with this but have hit a snag.  I stitch these smalls as travel projects - Library coffee mornings, work lunch breaks and volunteer lunch breaks.  None of those happen now!  So I will have to find some other way to fit them in to the rotation.

stitched on 28 count green evenweave


The last small is the cover kit from Cross Stitcher magazine which I still haven't added the beads to!

stitched on 32 count white evenweave

Finally, the lovely Clare from Aimetu's Stitching is asking for some help with her smalls.  Each year Clare decorates a tree for her church's Tree Festival with stitched ornaments.  I have donated ornaments in the past and this year she is asking us to join in again.  The theme is A Bouquet of Flowers.  All she needs is the stitched piece, she will fully-finish it for you.  Just leave a comment on Clare's blog to get involved.  This is the White Tree from last year:






20 comments:

Barb said...

You have so many pretty smalls. The 12 days of Christmas is going to be another beauty. If you need more people for the Easter Blog Hop, I finally finished a piece I can show. Just let me know.

diamondc said...

Jo: Great progress on your stitching.
Thank-you for the link for the ornaments for the tree.
Stay healthy

Catherine

Kay said...

It is lovely that we can still catch up with everyone no matter what is happening out there. I suspect that many of us will be finishing far more than we usually would. Your Just Nan design is especially pretty. x

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you Jomfor mentioning my tree, I hadn't even thought of them fitting into the Smalls SAL, I'll join in next month. Your small stitching is lovely, my favourite is your French hens.

butterfly said...

Love your smalls I see some lovely Just Nan .
Yes I am working on something for Clare .

Christine said...

They're all looking lovely!

Mary said...

I love the French Hens and the Just Nan is so pretty. I hope Clare gets lots of help from stitchers all over the world.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are all lovely small finishes.

Carol said...

Beautiful stitching, as always, Jo! Love the French hens. I have signed up to do a flower for Clare's tree--still trying to decide which one to do. Stay safe now... ♥

Cathy said...

Lovely smalls this month!

Julie said...

Lots of lovely things in this months post.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching as usual, Jo. I love the heart in partucular.

Mini said...

Lovely finishes. Are you getting more time for stitching now that you are home?

DJ said...

So many gorgeous smalls you have going!! I love the Just Nan!! And of course the 12 Days is lovely too! What a fun challenge this one looks like! I must be running in the wrong circles, I miss out on all these fun challenges!! I'm anxious to see more of your "Maze" so hope you can fit it in your rotation!!

Mary said...

Your finishes are all very pretty.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great selections of smalls! I have the same issues with my knitting...I almost never work on that at home, and it didn't get much love in March!

Bethan said...

Lovely stitching. I hope you have managed to work out a new stitching routine x

Katie said...

Beautiful progress.

Rachel said...

Lovely smalls, and keeping up with the 12 Days of Christmas too!
If you haven't already, I expect you'll find ways of squeezing in virtual coffee mornings or lunch breaks in order to stitch for a few ad-hoc minutes. Your family will learn to understand! :)

Mary's Thread said...

Your smalls last month were darling! Thank you for joining the SAL! That Just Nan is SO pretty, and I LOVE the JBW 3 French Hens!