Translate

Friday 26 April 2019

April Smalls SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

For this SAL I am showing the monthly project for the Christmas Ornie Blog.  I am choosing from the back issues of the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Specials.  This month we could chose any ornament from the 2002 issue.  I am a big fan of Dragon Dreams so I went for this cute little design of a baby dragon cuddled up to a sparkly Christmas Bauble.  This is Not a Creature Was Stirring:

stitched on 32 count green linen
added metallic threads to the bauble 

I have just realised that April was supposed to be the 2002 design and this was the design from 2001.  ooops!  Never mind, 2002 is also a Dragon Dreams design so maybe no-one will notice!


I also added some stitches to my Spooky Conversion of the Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace.  This month I chose some bats from here Brigitte Dadaux:

stitched on 32 count Murano in Tiger Lily by Sparklies


I started a new Just Nan Small and have almost finished it.  The white is the perfect thing to stitch on my Crafty Coffee Mornings.

Just Nan -Butterfly Lace
stitched on 32 count Lavender Evenweave

The Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop was the perfect time to squeeze in another small.  This was a beaded Mill Hill kit which was passed on to me as just the chart.  So I stitched the DMC conversion on 16 count yellow aida:



Finally, thank you to everyone who took part in the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop and everyone who has hopped around to visit the blog and guess the mystery phrase. All the links go direct to the posts now so you have plenty of time to try and guess the phrase. Happy Hopping!





15 comments:

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes. They are all beautiful but I love your daffodil Easter finish.

Christine said...

Oh I love the little sleepy dragon!

Lynn said...

Great finishes! I love that sweet little Daffodil from the Mill Hill kit. It's been years since I've done any of their kits. I wouldn't mind getting some again.

Julie said...

Sweet dragon and the JN is a stunner.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great smalls - I love the little dragon, and the bats look great with your moon!

Michelle said...

I'm off to search your blog for more pictures of Enchanted Alphabet because I can't quite imagine a spooky version -- sounds fantastic!

deb said...

I love that DD ornament and have stitched it twice and yours looks completely wonderful. That JN is gorgeous! The colors are incredible - the look more vibrant than the usual colors. And the bats are the perfect addition beside your lovely moon on the enchanted alphabet.

RJ said...

Super stitching JO. I especially love the little baby dragon with the ornament...how cute is that. I also love your Nan stitch and the egg looks fantastic on perforated paper. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Drop in and see us...I have a neat project thanks to Jutta. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Pamela said...

Wonderful stitching! The Just Nan piece looks so delicate.

Elfie said...

Beautiful Smalls. The daffodil is gorgeous, so bright and cheery.

Rachel said...

Lovely smalls stitching again this month. The Dragon Dreams small is really cute (and I won't tell anyone about the mistake if you don't). :)

Mary's Thread said...

You have so many pretty smalls! I love Butterfly Lace best! Thanks for joining the SAL again, Jo!

Rhona said...

Wonderful stitching, I particularly like the Just nan design. Love the colors and the fabric.

FlashinScissors said...

Gorgeous stitched pieces Jo!
I especially love “Butterfly Lace”! Your fabric is just right for that lace!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

purpleiris said...

I love your spooky version of L&L Enchanted Alphabet! I hope you share more.