Translate

Wednesday 27 May 2015

May Smalls SAL

Stitching Lotus Ornament SAL
The Smalls SAL is hosted by Heather from Stitching Lotus

This year I am going to have two monthly challenges:

1. The Primitive Hare Hallowe'en Cubes SAL
2. The Hallowe'en Ornie SAL themed blog.

Here is my L block:

Stitched on 32 count Vintage Grain linen

Everyone commented on what a jolly ghost he is when I first posted him.  Not at all spooky!

The theme for the Hallowe'en Ornie Blog for May is Pumpkins and here is my little Just Nan finish:

Poor Jack stitched on 32 count Lavender

I started another design with a pumpkin this week, this is a Blue Ribbon Design called Owls in Moonlight:

Stitched on 32 count Twilight Blue linen.

I don't have much left to do, the border and the big yellow moon.  Typically for a small, simple design I made two counting errors!  This involved some fudging of the right hand tree and the moon may have to be adjusted too.  Why can we do the most complex designs but make counting errors in the simple ones?  Anyway, no-one would know if we didn't mention it!

So that's it for Smalls this month.  Yesterday was Tuesday which is my Satsuma Street SAL with Linda and Kate.  Now, Linda has been complaining I am stitching too fast and concentrating on the one design instead of the 246 WIPs she has LOL.  So, in the interests of letting her catch up I have decided to continue with London - Pretty Mini London!  This was one of three Cityscapes in Cross Stitch Crazy Issue 202 designed to be stitched on black rather than white.  The black really makes the colours pop.  To be kind to myself, I am using 28 count rather than 32 count like the larger City.


So Linda and Kate - you have until I complete this Mini to catch up, haha.

Finally, I have launched the annual Summer Postcard Blog Hop.  The theme this year is Pets.  All you need to do is email me a photo of something you have stitched on this theme plus a little message about what pets mean to you.  Once I have a few I will start emailing them to the participants who will display them on their blogs.  The Blog Hop lasts all Summer so don't worry if you don't have anything suitable stitched yet.  I'm going to be finding some freebies online to inspire you.  Today I have been searching for dogs and puppies.  I found this great website of freebies.  She has five pages of dogs and lots of other animals too! 

Jessica Tromp - Dogs


31 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

The colors on that Satsuma Street really do pop! How lovely.

Vickie said...

London is looking great on black!
I know about Jessica's site. :) Love the poodles there? I do!

Bea said...

He really is a jolly ghost, which is a good trick when you have spiders dropping down beside you! Loving the mini London - black really is a great background for colours - just wish it wasn't such a pain to stitch on.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, I really do love that not-so-spooky ghost, he is so cute. Lovely Smalls this month and thanks for the dog patterns freebie link.

Michele Stravato said...

Love the jolly ghost, where did you get the pattern?

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Jo. I love your new start. It does look great on the black but these poor old eyes can't see to stitch on it.
Thanks for letting me TRY to catch up. I think you're going to have to do all 3 in order for me to catch up. lol

Linda

Barb said...

I love both of the little ornaments! It is a jolly ghost and I do love the pumpkin in the spider web!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo... Ahhh.. i'm trying to keep up with the Halloween stitching.. I'm really not that orgainised.. I love the ghost.. and you are right.. is not spooky at all. heehee

Mini said...

Oh Jo you have started Pretty Little London already...I don't have any black aida in my stash so need to buy some for this design.

gominam said...

Oh I love the ghost, looks so adorable with that broom:) The pumpkins are great too. Love the colors on the black background for your Cityscapes. Have fun stitching.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love spring but don't Halloween stitchy colours always look so good :-) great stitching x

Preeti said...

Halloween stitching looks great!! The black background in Satsuma project is perfect !! The design looks more beautiful.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Pretty Mini London is going to look great on that fabric :D

Christine said...

The little city looks fabulous on black

Mii Stitch said...

Awww that little ghost is just so cute! (I'm sure it's ok to type this) and the Satsuma design really pop with the dark background. Looks fantastic!!

Julie said...

The colours do jump out from the black fabric.

Rhona said...

What great stitching...you've been very productive! :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You amaze me with your creativity. Can't wait to see what the city looks like finished! Love the black.

Kate said...

Wonderful finishes, Jo! I love the owls. Yes, I'm the same way; I always make counting errors on the little ones. At least they're easier to fix (or fudge!). You're so funny! How am I supposed to catch up when I'm not stitching London yet?? But I did start mini London, too, and mine's on black, also; I hate stitching on black but it sure does look pretty with the colors.

Lili said...

Very pretty stitching! Funny "L" block!! :)
Love the colours of "Owls in moonlight".

Hugs,
Lili

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous stitching Jo. I love all your Halloween stitches but especially the Just Nan one. xx

jocondine said...

Great black fabric, is mini London stitched with fluorescent thread? xxx

diamondc said...

Love them.

Blessings
Catherine

rosey175 said...

Satsuma design lovely as usual and try not to go blind on the black lol! Good luck to Linda with her 246 other projects to wrangle; she'll catch up eventually. :D

How are Pichu and Pikachu dogs?!?!??? BLASPHEMY.

Brigitte said...

Such great Halloween smalls. And wow, London on black fabric is looking just gorgeous. Whenever I see such a great WIP I always want to start something on a really dark fabric - and this time I have something in mind - Funky Flowers which I found in an older JCS issue.

Anonymous said...

you'll be pleased to know I'm debating getting ANOTHER magazine because of those Satsuma designs. just stunning, as usual, but on black!! AAAHH!! [heart-shaped eyes]
pets? did someone say pets? I'm IN!! ALL IN!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Susan said...

Great smalls. The colors in the Just Nan are perfect (I love bright colors). I also make more counting mistakes with smalls than my larger pieces, not sure why maybe because I get so excited that I might finish something that I am not as careful as I should be.

Felicia said...

You always have something pretty you are stitching!

Deb said...

SPIDERS! AACCCKKK! You did a great job stitching them

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! That Satsuma Design is looking lovely on black ^_^

The Crafty Princess said...

You know I love your Halloween finishes! Extremely wicked use of the spiders legs as a frame. Looks great Jo.
xo Alicia