Translate

Friday 15 May 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness May Link Up Post

  Gifted Gorgeousness

For newbies, this is my first year long SAL.  Click on the picture above for the full details.

We will be posting and linking up on the 15th of each month, because it is 2015.  Should be easy to remember.

Looking back at April's post I seem to have achieved alot in the last month!  Most of which you have already seen so I will focus on the pieces I haven't shown so much.

First up is Elizabeth Shepherd by Scarlet Letter, she was a gift from Nicola:

Stitched on 30 count linen

I have scheduled Elizabeth for each IHSW hosted by Joysze from Random Ramblings.  IHSW is the third weekend of every month; this weekend!  So I will be picking her up again tomorrow.

My most recent piece is a Kingfisher by Anchor.  This will be an end-of-year gift for the Small Boy's teacher.  Each class is named for a different aquatic bird and the Reception class are Kingfishers.  (The Nursery Unit are ducklings which is so cute!  The oldest Year group have blossomed into Swans).

Stitched on 28 count blue evenweave

The other gifted pieces you have already seen are Trick and Treat, Tudor Rose, Winter Typography, Haunted Pumpkins and Marley was Dead:


  

  

And now over to you - Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "May Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*

*

We have another Giveaway this month, thanks to the lovely Stitching Noni.  She is donating this Shepherd's Bush chart:


All you have to do is leave a comment after you have linked up and say something clear like "Yes please include me in the draw"

Finally, since it is May it seems like the perfect time to launch the Summer Blog Hop.  I started this one in 2012 when the theme was a Holiday Postcard, see this post for the list of participants and links to their posts.


The next year I decided we'd have a Staycation and asked people for pictures on the theme of Home:

2013 Summer Postcard Blog Hop

2014 saw pictures on the theme of Gardens being posted:


This year the theme will be those valuable members of our family - our pets.  All I need is a photo of a stitched picture featuring a bird or animal or other lifeform that you may keep as a pet.  Plus a little message about why you have chosen this particular picture.  It could be an animal you actually own (so Vickie will send me a lovely poodle picture from her large collection) or it might be a animal you would have if only your partner wasn't allergic to fur!  Once I have a few photos I will start emailing them to the participants who will then show them on their blogs.



35 comments:

KimM said...

Lovely post, Jo! Lots of progress and stitching.
Hugs

Vickie said...

tee hee! I am so excited. Yup! Count me in for the Summer Postcard Blog Hop. :D

Anonymous said...

Lovely the scarlet letter... :D I've not stitched something that huge before..
woooo.. I love anything autumn.. "Yes please include me in the draw" Enter Me please.. ;)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIPs are looking great!

Mini said...

Congratulations Jo on so many finishes . I think I would like to participate in Summer Postcard Blog Hop ,first I need to understand the details.

findingflapjack said...

Hi, you've been busy this month! I would love to join in the blog hop, will send you a photo soon xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching as always Jo - I love seeing your work :)

Christine said...

Great stitching Jo

jocondine said...

So much done for a dance marathon, it makes us feel dizzy. Hugs

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching progress! I've just linked up :D

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching! Please enter me into the summer blog hop. I will email you a picture now.

Bea said...

Elizabeth is looking wonderful and a great start on the teacher gift. Really like the colours so far.

Linda said...

Beautiful stitching, finishes and progress this month Jo. Yes, please count me in for the drawing.

Linda

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I am always in awe of how fast you stitch Jo :) Happy to say that I'm making my first drop-in SAL post this month! And I'd love to be entered in the draw for the cute Hallowe'en design. Looking forward to following along with the summer Blog Hop too ;)

Preeti said...

Lovely projects, Jo!! You are a great SAL organiser!

Justine said...

So much gifted gorgeousness from you this month - your needles must have been on fire!

Kaisievic said...

Great to see your progress, especially on Elizabeth. I have just linked up and please count me in for the Summer Postcard Blog Hop.

Elfie said...

I am inspired by your stitching progress. Lovely!

Minnie said...

Congratulations you have done a lot of beautiful work this month.

Gwen said...

Lots of progress, great inspiration. Hope to get a chance to visit some other blogs this weekend.

cheryl said...

Lovely progress! I can't wait to see your finished Kingfisher. I have added my link. Yes to the drawing and Yes to the Summer Blog Hop! Have a Happy Weekend.

Stitching Noni said...

Have added my link!
Love the idea of the Summer Blog Hop - I will have a look for a cute pic to send you soon!
Hugs xx

Brigitte said...

Such lovely gifted üieces you are stitching on at the moment or gifts that you will give.
I won't be able to join you all this month as I haven't stitched on anything gifted this month. And the little gift I made for my grandson has already had a post earlier this month. So see you again next month.

Stitching in the country said...

Great pictures and love all your projects. I'm a bit late doing my blog buy have just linked up. Would love to be included in the draw.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely stitching, Jo! I'm all linked up and would love to be included in that draw. I'll also try to remember to send you a picture for the bloghop later :)

DJ said...

Thanks again for hosting this SAL. It's been fun choosing things to post. Beautiful stitching! You sure have had busy fingers!! Yes please include me in the draw!

Thoeria said...

Great stitching Jo! Trick and treat.....love it!

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitching this month.
Will have to find a suitable pic for the blog hop

sunny said...

Thank you soooo much for motivating me to work on a BOM from two years ago! It feels so good to see my progress each month.

Anonymous said...

oh I love that Shepherd's Bush chart, how cool!
I love all you got done this month, especially the Kingfisher and the reason why you're working on it. how cute are those names, seriously?!

gominam said...

Lovely stitching, the color of the kingfisher is so nice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pieces in your update. Please include me in the draw - I love Shepherd's Bush designs. I will give this blog hop a miss as we don't actually have any pets (shocking admission to some I know) but will still enjoy seeing what everyone else has stitched.

Gillie said...

A little feeble this month in my offerings and more than a little frazzled.......please don't enter me, Jo, I have been so fortunate recently! Hugs

Shelly said...

Woohoo! Number 30 on the 30th! Made it in Jo, with my new GG start.

Shelly said...

Oh, and your stitching looks great as usual!