Translate

Monday 25 May 2015

Bank Holiday Weekend Stitching

(Follow the link to find out more!)

It's been a three day weekend here in England and I've been at home with the boys while Hubby has been working hard in a field somewhere.  We've been watching films, doing quizzes on the internet and I've been stitching too.

The main focus for the weekend was the next block in the Primitive Hare Hallowe'en Cubes.  This is the second L:

Stitched on 32 count Vintage Grain Linen

I'm stitching one of these per month, but jumped to the end of the word for last month because it fitted in with the theme on the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL (tombstones).

Here's another Hallowe'en piece:

Stitched on 32 count Twilight Blue Linen

This is a Blue Ribbon Design called Owls in Moonlight from the October 2014 issue of Just Cross Stitch,  I am using the same blue linen I used for the Christmas design Woodsy Winter I stitched back in 2012.  There are four Christmas Woods designs and this Hallowe'en one.  I have enough blue linen to stitch them all on the same fabric.

Here is my progress on The Book of Spells by The Goode Huswife:

Stitched on 40 count Jewel Butterbeer linen.

I've been working on the cat in the moon this week.  I have a great variegated DMC to fill the moon in too.  I'm using my own conversion for the DMC because the ones given don't always look like the cover photo.

I think most of you know the lovely enigmatic Chiara who blogs at The Grey Tail?  We were chatting via email this weekend and between us came up with the idea of an A-Z language challenge.  We batted some ideas around and are calling it the The Alphabet Club.  Chiara has the full details on that link but basically she will post a link-up post on the first Saturday of each month (Saturday being detention day in the film) starting with the letter A and we will all link up with A themed things, from stitching to designers and local customs.

"They only met online, but it changed their lives forever"

Finally, I have launched the annual Summer Postcard Blog Hop.  The theme this year is Pets.  All you need to do is email me a photo of something you have stitched on this theme plus a little message about what pets mean to you.  Once I have a few I will start emailing them to the participants who will display them on their blogs.  The Blog Hop lasts all Summer so don't worry if you don't have anything suitable stitched yet.  I'm going to be finding some freebies online to inspire you.  Starting with these monthly cats from Happiness is Cross Stitching:



Super Mom No Cape Monday Stitchery Link Party #7

26 comments:

Kate said...

Wonderful stitchy progress, Jo :-) The Alphabet Club sounds intriguing; I'll enjoy the posts but probably shouldn't attempt to participate. Have fun!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful Halloween stitching! I'm going to hop over to Chiara's to read about this club :D

StitchinByTheLake said...

Jo we must be thinking alike - I just finished a silhouette of a witch. Halloween stitching in May.... blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

oh my, I miss my Hallowe'en stitching so much! yours is so good and inviting, as usual!
I'm getting some next month (ABOUT TIME!) with my very first attempt at a biscornu.. we'll see how that goes.
it's so cool to see that widget on your blog, it means it's actually happening ;) we'll be having a blast, I'm sure!

Bea said...

Loving your stitch pieces. The alphabet club sounds interesting - going to have to pop over and check it out.

Heather said...

Great progress Jo!

Linda said...

Lots of pretty stitching Jo. You can skip London this week. lol

Linda

Jacqueline Morris said...

Busy as ever I see!! I love popping in on you... Your stitching is so lovely and I LOVE what your stitching. Oh but of course I would... Your stitching a wonderful Blue Ribbon design.. One I love and have stitched previously :)
Oh my talking of stitching, I am really interested in seeing more of the book of spells... It's looking brilliant.
Smiles :)

Renee said...

I love all things Halloween, and your projects are fantastic!

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like you have been having a great weekend, Jo. Love all of your Halloween designs and thanks for the link to the freebies. I love the sound of The Alphabet Club - you and Chiara always have such great ideas.

gominam said...

Very beautiful halloween stitching:) Book of Spells is looking great!

Preeti said...

Your Halloween stitching is looking cute!!:)
I saw the challenge, it is similar to A-Z challenge that many stitchers blogged about their stitched pieces or famous personalities etc. starting from that letter. How is this different ?

Christine said...

That might just be the jolliest ghost ever! Great stitching

Annette-California said...

Happy ghost! Lovely stitching - all your projects are wonderful. love Annette

jocondine said...

Once and for all totally fond of Primitive Hare Halloween designs, those cubes will be gorgeous. About books of spells, will you finish it by covering a book with it? xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

That Halloween block is awesome, I love those teeny tiny cute little spiders :) And I need to check out those free kitties, they look really adorable!

Mii Stitch said...

I love all Halloween stitching and your stitching is just fantastic!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lots of Halloween stitching going on!

rosey175 said...

This is a very Halloweeny post! Love the L with the dangly little spiders. What is that snowflakey object to the left of Cat Moon in the Book?

Hmm that Alphabet Club does sound fun and I can handle a once a month thing... I think. I'll have to think more though. I really haven't a lot of stitched things for this either! Glad to see those mini kitties make an appearance, though. I look forward to a new one each month. not hoarding patterns, not not not

CathieJ said...

You have a whole lot of spooky stitching going on. I love the Book of Spell fabric.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

That butterum fabric is WONDERFUL! grabby hands!!

Barb said...

All that Halloween stitching is wonderful!!!!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

More awesome Halloween stitching going on! I love Chiara's idea, not sure I'll have the imagination for 26 posts but I shall definitely be following along!

Julie said...

You ghostie looks more happy than scarey.

Brigitte said...

Your weekend stitching was going great, it seems, with lots of progress on your projects.
That Alphabet Club sounds very interesting and also doable with one monthly posting. But I still have to think about it. Whenever I decide not to do any more SALs and similar things someone comes up with a great idea and I feel tempted again - seems to be my destiny, lol.

SuperMomNoCape said...

What great Halloween projects you worked on!

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back and helping to get the word out. It is very much appreciated! Aloha hugs!