Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2015

A Fistful of Finishes

One advantage of the DUCJC was that I now have rather a lot of started projects which don't take much to finish them off!  So although January was a washout for actual finishes, they have been coming thick and fast in the last month or so.

So fast in fact that I haven't blogged about them all here!  All three of these have appeared on the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog so some of you may have seen them already.

First up is a design I received in a Giveaway from Gaynor of Stitchers Anon.  She gave me a free choice from her website and this was my favourite because I love the book:

Stitched over one on 28 count Platinum linen.
Shown with my scissors for scale.

This was a nice quick stitch, even over one.  It only uses a couple of colours so is ideal as a travelling project, I did most of the border in a lunch break at work.

The next design was even quicker, just one day!  This is for the May theme for the Ornie SAL which is Pumpkins:

Stitched on 32 count Lavender evenweave

This was a Just Nan freebie, I think I downloaded it from JCS's website but I can't remember.  It's been sat in my files for ages anyway.  I love those little top hats the spiders are wearing.

And now, the Big Finish:

Stitched on 28 count Chocolate Orange evenweave from Crafty Kitten

This is Just Nan's design Haunted Pumpkin Tree, the chart was a gift from Mouse and the fabric from Shebafudge, both for my Birthday last year.  I started it in October, did one day for the DUCJC and then picked it up again this month to complete.

The pumpkins took so long, there are five different shades of orange in them and each one is slightly different so you need to pay close attention to the chart.  Once they were done the colours went really quickly.  The black backstitch was the most fun because it made each character come alive.

The heart charm came with the chart.  There are four of these designs in a series called Charmed Heart Trees.  This is most definitely my favourite.  I may or may not buy any of the others,  I am undecided and there are more Just Nans higher up my list!

Here are some close-ups:






Just to prove it's not all finishes around here, I've been working on two WIPs:

Anchor Kingfisher, the fabric is blue evenweave

The Goode Huswife Book of Spells
on 40 count Jewel Butterbeer

Finally, the next post will be the Gifted Gorgeousness Link Up on the 15th.  We will be having another Giveaway, this time a chart donated by the lovely Stitching Noni.  So sort out your GG projects to be in with a chance.

31 comments:

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Your pumpkin tree is gorgeous, so much tiny detail! Claire x

Preeti said...

Congrats on multiple finishes!! All of them are great!! The pumpkin tree characters look nice.

Mii Stitch said...

Great Halloween theme stitching, the tree is just fabulous!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Those finishes are lovely, especially the tree one - I finally caved in and ordered a piece of that fabric as well :D

KimM said...

Great stitching- you're putting me in a holiday mood;0)
xxx

Katie said...

Oh love them all. Congrats on the finishes. Great WIPs too.

Rhona said...

Great stitching! The details on the pumpkin tree are wonderful!

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Jo. Nice progress on the others.
Did you see that Jody has a design in the next issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework? She is also working on Pretty Little Hong Kong.

Linda

Bea said...

Love the Marley ornie. Hadn't ever thought of him as a Hallowe'en character, but it's works really well. Love the tree as well - all those individualised faces are great. The individual pumpkin is cute as well - even with the spiders!

Justine said...

I love all of these! A Christmas Carol is one of my favourite books of all time and that pumpkin tree is so detailed - it's perfect! I'm jealous of all your small starts and finishes!

gominam said...

Owwow, you've really been busy, three beautiful finishes! The pumpkin tree is so detailed, the faces and the colors are so vivid. Great stitching as always:)

Anne said...

Great finishes there Jo!! I love the name of that fabric for the last one "Jeweled Butterbeer." Sounds like it's straight from a Harry Potter book!! It's such a great fabric too. Hugs to you and keep on finishing as I'm not!! Hehehe

Barb said...

Love those finishes. That pumpkin tree is beyond cute!! The starts look good. I have the Book of Spells, maybe I need to really get going.

Christine said...

Great finishes Jo, I love the way all the little pumpkins have different faces

*Wisher* said...

soooo may great halloween fininshes.. love the choices..
ahhhh... i'm sooooo behind time..

Lili said...

Lovely stitching! I love the pumpkins design!!!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on all the finished - they look great! That little Just Nan freebie would be perfect for a biscornu. Love them all! :D

Elle said...

I love the detail on the pumpkin faces on the tree! Makes you realise how important the backstitching is, so I'll stop moaning about it on my next piece!!

Annie said...

Wonderful Halloween pieces. I'm really partial to Gaynor's design.

diamondc said...

Wonderful finishes, I love Halloween, Book Of Spells looks very interesting.

Blessings
Catherine

Angela said...

Lovely finishes!

Miamina said...

Wow! Well done on some stunning stitching :)

Thoeria said...

You have been busy Jo! The pumpkin tree is so detailed!

jocondine said...

Keep on dansing, hoping on my right foot this is a may-morable month, those different faces on pumpkin tree are so amazing. xxx

StitchinByTheLake said...

I was just thinking I wanted to work on some Halloween projects and then I see yours....love, love, love them! blessings, marlene

Kaisievic said...

Love the Marley finish, Jo and that Pumpkin tree is so cute, too! Great new starts as well!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Great finishes Jo - love the little details on the Pumpkin Tree!

rosey175 said...

Yay, you finished it! My favorite is probably that sneaky pumpkin on the far left row, top. He looks like he's up for some mischief. :D And it just occurred to me there are ghosts popping out!

Brigitte said...

Two smaller finishes and a big one, congrats! This JN piece is looking so gorgeous with all the different pumpkins.

Julie said...

The pumpkin tree looks fantastic, love their differing expressions.

Steph said...

Oh!! I love love love your Christmas Carol stitch! That is fabulous. Your Pumpkin tree is awesome too! Your stitching is just incredible, I love stopping by to see all of your amazing WIPs and finishes. XOX