Translate

Sunday 11 August 2013

Swan Swam over the Sea

Remember the box of stash my friend gave me?  This design is one she did herself and stitched most of it.  All that was left was some green and the backstitch.  So I finished it off and framed it using one the charity shops frames I collected last year.


I'm not including this on my list of completed pieces as I didn't really do all that much, but it is nice to show it.  If anyone would like the chart then please leave a comment.  My friend said I can pass the charts on to anyone who wants them.

Sunday is often a finishing day, today I decided to crack on with the JBW cats.  I accumulated the backings, the charms and the hanging ribbons but just needed to do the sewing up.

Here are all three together:



And here is Jubilee June all finished up ready to hang on the board.

I also completed my cousin's wedding sampler and took it to the framer's ready for the wedding next week.  In the evenings I've been stitching away on Andie's piece for the Mirabilia RR.  Her theme is The Dreamers and I'm stitching Lilly of the Woods.  I'm loving this piece, it's great to be reminded what a talented designer Nora Corbett is, her work is just a joy to stitch.


Finally, I found a new blog via Annie Bebop's Colouring Book.  The blog belongs to a Hungarian designer who is hosting an unusual competition.  Stitch her freebie design and be the cover picture for the pattern.  Click on this little icon to read all about it:




11 comments:

Annie said...

Nice, productive finishing day. Pretty cool to finish up that almost done piece and find a good frame like that.

Enjoy Angi's contest!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Jo. Love the swan in the frame.

Linda

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Great finishes! Your little cats are so cute - especially Jubilee June - the pins are the purrrfect touch ;) NC's designs are so elegant - I've always wanted to try one. Your RR is off to a lovely start!

Christine said...

Great finish on the Jubilee cat. Love the swan finish too

Julie said...

Jubilee cat is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching (:

Karoline said...

Great finishes & the RR is looking gorgeous

Bernadett said...

Wonderful works.:)

The Crafty Princess said...

How Cool is Jubilee June! Well done Jo it looks awesome. Love the fabric with all the sparkles...pretty!
Alicia xo

Topcho said...

Wow, congrats for all the cute finishes! I love the pins for the summer kitties :D

♥ Nia said...

I love Nora Corbett designs too :) gorgeous!
Great finish on your cat! Congrats :D