Translate

Sunday 14 July 2013

Wizardly Happy Dance




I have just completed my Joan Elliott Wizard this afternoon.  I made a few changes to the threads, mostly changing plain DMC to the metallics, in the stars, swirls and the orb at the end of his wand.  I also changed the confetti around the swirls to beads.

The fabric is a Crafty Kitten grab bag piece of 28 count linen.  Quite a loose weave so I had to be careful with the beads and metallics not to pull the threads of the linen out of shape.

I intend to scrapbook the design once I find the right paper for him.  This is the third piece I have finished from the Diary which was the cover gift on orld of Cross Stitching magazine last year.  I have also stitched about 75% of the February cherub.   The next design is the July Mermaid but I don't have the right fabric for her nor do I have any for August or September!!  So I suppose I better do some shopping soon.

I finished the Dragon Dreams 7th Dragonlet of Christmas in 2 days flat but don't have a photo yet so I'll save it for Ornie Update Day.

Finally, the second postcard in the Summer Postcard Blog Hop has gone out.  Here are the links for the Hop so far:

My card goes to Debbie at Debbie's Cross Stitch

Debbie's card goes to Christine at The Alchymyst's Study


Where will Christine's card go?  Keep your eyes open this week to find out.  There's still plenty of time to join in, click on the There's No Place Like Home picture on the right to find out here to send your postcard

32 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Oh, he's a handsome fellow! Your changes make him even easier on a girl's eyes. :)

Anonymous said...

A lovely finish!
Have a good week (:

gracie said...

Great stitching

Marilyn said...

Great Wizard finsh.
It looks good on that fabric.
Marilyn

Erin said...

Oh, I love it! I keep trying to find a copy of that Joan Elliott book, but no luck yet....

Mii Stitch said...

So nice! It looks lovely :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful wizard - congrats on the HD

I've hopped to the first two postcards - both fab and great blogs too :)

stitchersanon said...

A beautiful finish xx Love the colours.

Preeti said...

Beautiful finish!! :) I haven't used any beads in cross stitch yet..will try someday.

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Jo. I love the changes you made.

Linda

Deb said...

He is beautiful! Love the fabric and changes you made! Very nice work~

Annie said...

Love him in his beautifully colored finery! He'll dress up any page for sure!

Giovanna said...

Love the wizard! And the fabric is wonderful too. Congrats on the finish.

Barb said...

That is stunning.

Bernadett said...

Wonderful.:)

Julie said...

He's magical, love his backing fabric, perfect colour.

sharine said...

He looks awesome:)

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Gorgeous finish! The beads and metallic threads really make him look magical :)

Christine said...

Wonderful finish Jo, good idea to swap in the metallics

Bruna Aguiar Melo said...

OMG!
Gorgeous work!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I really like him!

Susan said...

Very cute finish. Like the changes you made. Sorry to hear you have to go shopping 8-)

xstitchatoz said...

Lovely finish, I like the beads around the swirls and the fabby is perfect for this design! Well done! :)

Lindsay said...

He's fantastic, Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Jo!! I'm in total love with your wizard!! does this make me a weirdo? - who cares! he's too charming for words! :D
you said this pattern is part of a Diary included in a magazine issue, do you happen to know if it was released elsewhere? I might stalk Joan for it!! :D

big hugs and happy xxx,
can't wait to see the other months!
chiara

Anonymous said...

ok, I just ordered the January back issue via origin publishing. :D
Joan's website says they'll include the diary too. usually if I get WOCS of CSGold here I never get gifts or other special stuff included. what the heck!

♥ Nia said...

So pretty!!! :D beautiful work!!!

Penny said...

Very pretty, Jo! I love the changes you made. :)

Heather said...

Super, super cute!

The Crafty Princess said...

Yay he's so cool! I love how you made it unique to you. Great job stunner
xox Alicia

Topcho said...

Yay, congrats for the lovely finish! Love the combination between the fabric and the colours of the project - they just go perfectly together :)

Shebafudge said...

Oh, he is adorable! I love the fabric you stitched him on - gorgeous!

Sorry I'm a bit late with this, only another 244 blog posts to go to catch up :) xx