Translate

Monday 22 July 2013

July WIPocalypse


WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi of Measi's Musings.

The main focus of my WIPocalypse this year is supposed to be my "13 in '13" a list of 13 projects I want to complete in 2013, click on top tab for the list.  But as I haven't stitched on any of them this month I'll show something else from the other sections instead!

I've been stitching some of the designs from the Joan Elliott diary which was a cover gift with World of Cross Stitching magazine last year.  I have completed three, January, April and June and have now mounted them for inclusion in my scrapbook.  February is nearly finished but has been put aside for next February so I can try stick to the relevant month.

Here are the two latest:


April Dragons


June Wizard (I cut that circle myself.  Neat, isn't it?)


And here is the Needlecraft Haven May Challenge piece from The Little Stitcher.  I added the stripy shoes embellishment because of course, we were all singing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead as we stitched this piece!


In this case she has been killed by cross stitch.

The lovely scrapbook papers came from a new-to-me online scrapbook shop I found by Googling "Wizard of Oz scrapbook".  The site is called Scrapping the Magic and is rather Disney overload (the owner set it up to sell to people who have visited Disney and want to scrapbook their holiday photos).  But if you dig around the mouse droppings there are some great papers and embellishments.  Sorry, I shouldn't be rude about Disney as many people love the company and they are superb at what they do.  Trimming the hedges at Eurodisney with a wood template to ensure each one is exactly the same is dedication to detail!

Here's a random Eurodisney topiary elephant:


The papers arrived very quickly, solidly packaged in a stiff cardboard box 12x12 so there was no way the postman could bend them.  Prices are very reasonable and I will definitely be using them again.  There is lots of advice for the newbie scrapbooker on the site and also a monthly competition.  Use their template to create a page on their theme and send it in.  

Finally here are the three hearts stitched so far on my Couer en Boites project:
Three done, nine to go.  Mii left a comment on the last post to say she has stitched this design too.  Of course when I went and looked at her blog Mii Stitch I remembered that is how I found the chart myself! Thanks for the inspiration Mii.


21 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes Jo, I think your scrapbook pages turned out excellent.

Julie said...

Love the striped legs on the wizard if oz piece, you are clever. Perfect circle for a beautiful wizard.

sharine said...

Everything looks great:)

Mouse said...

yeahhhh to the stitching ... fab papers and cooooo re the circle ... that is one neat job :) and giggled at the template for the hedges .... love mouse xxxx

Hayley said...

I've never heard of scrapbooking cross stitches but it looks amazing. Well done.

Christine said...

Your finished pages are wonderful, the wizard with the spell book came out particularly well

Annette-California said...

Your pages look Fantastic! Love how they perfectly show off your beautiful stitching. love Annette

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful scrapbook pages & nice progress on your ♥!! I love your colour choice :)

♥ Nia said...

Your dragons look so cute and pretty :) Wonderful work with the wizard too :D Well done sweetie!!

Claudette497 said...

Your stitching looks great to start with, and then your scrapbooking takes it to a whole other level! What a fun way to mount your pieces (I've seen the scrapbook your cross-stitch approach before, but t wasn't nearly so creative!)

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Jo. I love the witch legs.

Linda

Anonymous said...

those pages are so sweet, you won't trick me into scrapbooking though. no way.
love the stitching murder of the witch, very creative.

Bernadett said...

Lovely works.:)

SoCal Debbie said...

The dragon and wizard look amazing! I love the Wizard of Oz scrapbook page!

The Crafty Princess said...

There is obviously no end to your talent! I love the scrapbook pages especially the wicked witch being squashed by cross stitch. Very cool!
Alicia xo

Anne said...

Your scrapbooking pages are so great Jo! Love the "death by cross stitch" page!! That circle is extremely neat and very precise! Great new start too!!

Minnie said...

You are so creative and have such wonderful ideas.

Lili said...

Beautiful pieces!
Love the Wizard, amazing!!
Hugs,
Lili

Shirlee said...

Hmmmm ... that topiary sure does resemble me! Maybe I need to sue Eurodisney for using my likeness without my permission : )

Zeb said...

Still kicking myself for missing out on that diary, lovely finishes!

And cross stitch scrapbook? Oooohh!!!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Wow! All your pages look wonderful, especially the wizard with the book; we used to have a "Reading is Magic" poster in my elementary library with a stern old-school wizard popping out of a sparkly book sort of like yours - as you can tell, it made an impression on me, LOL! The whole idea of scrapbooking with cross-stitch is very unique and intriguing :)

And, I just have to say as a life-long Disney girl, I had no idea that there *were* topiaries in the parks, let alone that they were cut with templates! That is rather bizarre LOL. But kind of cool ;)