Translate

Thursday 4 July 2013

First Postcard in the Summer Blog Hop

Debbie is the lucky recipient of the first postcard in this Summer's Blog Hop.

You can see the card she received on this post on her blog Debbie's Cross Stitch.

In another week's Debbie's postcard will be sent to the next person in the Blog Hop.  Who will that be?  The Hop will run all Summer so there's plenty of time to sign up and take part.  Just click on the There's No Place Like Home photo on the right hand side bar.

Do you ever get the urge for a completely new start that isn't on any of your lists or schedules?  When I finished the Mira RR I should have gone back to something on my 13 in '13 list but instead this little beauty and her sisters were calling to me.



Remember a while back I bought three of this Shepherd's Bush series to complement the four Christmas themed ones I already had?  Then Laura generously sent me five more to complete the series.  Or so I thought, until Heather sent me four more!  I figured since I now have 12 mini samplers I really ought to make a start on them.  But which one?  I looked through the Ingredients list and found that nearly all of them use DMC Perle 822 and 644 but I only have White and Ecru.  Fortunately there was one exception - Bilberry just uses Ecru.  Decision made!




I stitched this piece on 32 count Antique White linen.  They didn't have Ivory so originally I tried Antique Ivory but it was far too dark.  This is perfect.  It only took a few days too.  I have framed it in a nice dark wood frame from a chain store (Wilkinsons for the English) which came with a mount.  I looked up "bilberries" on Google Images and found a nice woodcut of bilberries which I copied onto the corner of the mount using felt tip pens.  Well, we can't all afford Jill Rensel!

Finally, I'm using Feedly now Google Reader has gone, I like the computer version more than the App version.  That is a little basic.  I've got behind again and am speed reading through the older entries to try catch up so sorry if I'm not commenting as much as usual.  But I am reading!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jo

Lovely finish and I love what you did with the mount. I have two of these charts and I can't believe that there's so many more.

sharine said...

Great finish. It looks nice in the frame:)

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Jo.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great start to the Blog Hop and a lovely finish Jo.

Christine said...

Great finish Jo, I really like those minisamplers with all the different stitches

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful finish!

Giovanna said...

Pretty finish, congratulations!

Vickie said...

How creative and great! Love it. Can't afford Jill is right!!! ;) I am still hopeful your mail will arrive. No, really, I am!

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely finish Jo. So pretty and I love the way you've drawn on the mount. x

Julie said...

So very pretty, it's nice to be a rebel and start something new when you know you shouldn't lol. It's beautiful.

Woohoo....blog hope started...off to go lookie at Debbie's

Anna van Schurman said...

Funny. I like the feedly app better than the computer version! Ha. I think you could give Jill R. a run for her money!

Lynn said...

The blog hop has started. Great fun!
Love your finish. I think you've done a fabulous job on the finishing. The blueberries are a great addition!

Brigitte said...

A beautiful finish!
I also have Feedly now and it works great with my browser. BUt what I appreciate most is the fact that it's very similar to the old google reader (in my opinion) so I didn't have to learn too many new things about it.

SoCal Debbie said...

Such a pretty finish (and fast) in the perfect frame! I laughed out loud at your comment about affording Jill Rensel! Exactly what I was thinking!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the "home" designs in the Summer Blog Hop!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous finish, Jo - as always I am so impressed by how much you accomplish. I must admit that you have really spurred me on to finish a lot more projects this year - 29 so far this year which is a record for me!

Topcho said...

Got these feelings all the time! XD Gorgeous finish! Love the contrast between the paler sampler and inside, and the darker outer frame <3

Deb said...

Love all those Shepherds Bush mini samplers. Great job of framing and very nice penning of the mat.

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous finish! Very pretty and delicate looking. I love Wilkinson's for frames, they usually have a good range.