Translate

Monday 23 January 2012

January TUSAL and IHSW

Here it is, my very first official TUSAL post.  I first discovered the TUSAL a year ago when I was a mere blog-stalker.  I was determined to take part this year and share the fun so I started a blog of my own.  Here we are several months later with a loyal following and a folder full of photos.

My TUSAL does not have a name sadly, I love Morticia but can't remember who she belongs to (blush) but here it is posing with Green Goddess and my page-every-other-day calendar:

I'm having a little break from GG as I now have five letters of the Dark Alphabet and three Round Robins to stitch!  Two of the RRs are mine so there's no deadline really.  The rainbow band sampler has "been around the world i, i, i" (apologies to Lisa Stansfield!) and now just needs the red band to finish it.  I charted the red part months ago and had to rummage to find it today.  Surprisingly it was in a safe and sensible place!

The other "my" RR is the Joan Elliott Flower Fairies, I have to stitch the centre of this one while the other 6 stitchers will each do a Fairy.  The final RR is Kathy's Just Nan sampler which is lovely but I haven't even chosen my bands yet!

IHSW was, as usual, less stitchy than normal.  The bizarre thing is, I sign up every month for it and every month something comes up.  Either I have a rare night out, or I have to work, or one of the boys stays awake.  Either way IHSW never seems to coincide with alot of stitching!  I spent Saturday at work and most of  Sunday scrapbooking my smalls and making a prize.  Saturday evening I was so tired I did half a blog post and a small amount of "P", Sunday some more "P".

Just wanted to say Calamity Jr aka MJ is so happy with all the complimentary comments you left about her work so Thank You for being as lovely as I expected you all would be.

Finally, Valentine's Day is looking fab already!  The signups are growing and the pictures are rolling in already.  For more details see this post.

20 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Oh boy, Green Goddess is looking great! Those must be butterflies coming up soon....

I've never seen a page-every-other-day calendar. Maybe I'd be able to keep up with THAT!!

Joysze said...

GG looks awesome, Jo!! Hahaha, doesn't matter how much you stitch, as long as you're there for company.

I'd joint the Valentine thing, but I don't think i've stitched anything suitable for Valentine's. :O!!!

♥ Nia said...

ahahhaah I feel like you! Looks like on every IHSW something gets in the way ahahaha But I managed to stitch half the weekend, not all bad :)
Your GG looks very pretty!
Happy week to you :D

Laurita Hall said...

Green Goddess is turning so beautiful!

Hugs,
Laurita

Erin said...

hehehe Morticia is mine!!! LOL

Green Goddess is looking lovely.

Susan said...

Green Goddess is looking amazing. You've got a lot of great stitching coming up. Looking forward to seeing the progress pics. I had the same problem with IHSW until this weekend - it's amazing how much stitching you can get done when you ignore the housework - okay most of it, I did do the laundry and clean the bathrooms.

Penny said...

Green Goddess is so pretty! :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Oh, your GG looks so lovely already!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Your Green Goddess is beautiful.

Christine said...

Green Goddess is looking wonderful!

Stitchabilities said...

GG is lovely!!
LOL That always happens with me if I plan to stitch it doesn't happen!!

cucki said...

wow beautiful stitching and lovely orts xxx

Nicola said...

There is never enough stitching time for all the projects we want to do.

Mouse said...

oooo your GG is coming along beautifully and don't panic about the amount of stitching its the taking part that counts .... love mouse xxxxx

Julie said...

GG is looking good.

I'm the same .Sign up and not a lot gets done.

Giovanna said...

Great going on the Goddess!

TammyK said...

Looks like you're heading to the finish line with Green Goddess. Little progess is better than none :-)

Linda said...

Goddess looks great. I had planned on stitching on Sunday too but other things got in the way too, so you are not alone :)

cheers- linda

Sally said...

Your Green Goddess is looking gorgeous Jo. I ought to join in the hermitters.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

GG is looking great! It's amazing the power IHSW has to cause you not to stitch some times! The best intentions of mice and men and such.