Translate

Monday 18 July 2011

IHSW

I have to share this poem from Anne at Feather Stitching, the first three lines are:

"I’m completely addicted, to this I confess,
The ironing needs doing
and the house is a mess"


Follow this link for the rest, and hands up who recognises themselves?


And here is one of the projects I worked on for IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for the uninitiated).  This is the Periphaeria Star SAL which is a part-work and therefore permissible as a new start!

The alphabet is actually Part 6 but as I've come to it late and I prefer to start in the middle that's what I've done.  The fabric is 28 count Purpleberry Spludge from Sparklies, the purple is DMC 333 and the yellow is DMC 973 (as chosen by the large boy).  And yes, I am stitching over 1, it's so delicate and pretty, like little spring crocuses (crocii?).  And the fabric was only £3.50 because it's 9x13 inches.

I also stitched on Bluebeard's Mermaid and a Joan Elliot flower.  The weather was foul so I got lots of stitching done while "supervising" the boys' playing.

Oh yes, if you want to be initiated into the hermithood of IHSW have a look at Joyze's blog.

13 comments:

Ewa said...

Love the colors! Nicely done :)

Jenny said...

Jo, you are zipping right along! Love the colors and the price makes it even more gorgeous! The purples and the yellows are playing off each other perfectly - can't wait to see your next progress pic!
Happy Stitching!

Anonymous said...

Love the purple! That poem is definitely me (and every other cross stitcher!)

Lissanne said...

This is gorgeous!! I love your fabric with your thread colors!! I can't wait to see more of your work on this. The fabric fits the colors of the project perfectly!! I love the over one.

Joysze said...

Yummy purple fabbie, Jo. The yellow and purple floss look great on it. Can't wait to see the other parts. :D

wendy111 said...

Nice start Jo, that fabric is lovely and I love your choice of colours for this project. Glad you had a good stitching weekend

The Crafty Princess said...

Awesome colours! I love the fabric it works really well with the yellow floss. Great work congratulations xo

Mouse said...

oooooo it looks fab on that fabbie :)love sparklies :)and over one too !!! glad you managed to get lots stitched supervising the boys :) love mouse who is now off to check out that poem link :) xxxxx

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

Looks great, I may as well have been hermiting and stitching for all the good the weather was this weekend!!

mdgtjulie said...

Happy ISHW Jo! Your stitching is lovely! I love the fabby you're using for this as purple is my fave color. Glad to hear you got a lot done!!

Susan said...

Wonderful progress on your SAL. Can't wait to see more. I celebrated IHSW myself, just not officially...

Topcho said...

Lol, love the poem! As well as I love this new start - the fabric is beautiful!

Kathy A. said...

What a great poem. I love your new stitch. The thread is stunning.
I look forward to stitching on your RR.