I made a couple of changes in the backstitch, grey for the wings and red for her dress. I also coloured the aida in before I started stitching using a nice pale pink felt tip pen. Then I backed her with pink card which gives a lovely pink hue to the fabric. I shall experiment more with colouring aida scraps when I do some card making as it seems to work quite well.
The mount came free with the magazine, they actually charged people an extra £1 this issue but as a subscriber we get it all for the same price which is nice.
Sarah-Beth is having a needlebook exchange and one of the joining-in conditions is to tell her your first finish. So I rummaged through the cupboard in the small boy's room and found a box of my early work. These two are my first ever finishes, I can't remember which was the very first, they are like twins! As you can see they are beautifully framed in click-frames - no expense spared! If I find a space for them I will reframe in something much nicer.